Rubber Window Seal

J

Jim_1899

The bedroom window's rubber seal came off for the second time. It happens when the bedroom slide is moved in and out. The dealer fixed it once and it happened again the next time we used our Bighorn. Has anyone else had this problem. The bedroom slide seems to stick then pops out.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Jim,
Sounds like you have (2) seperate issues.

Which window are you referring to with the seal that comes off? And where does this seal exists? Between the window and frame? Maybe it comes loose from vacuum pressure?

Also, do you keep your door open on your rig when you put the slides in or out? I have found that the slides create a lot of vacuum or pressure depending whether their going in or out and keeping the front door open alleviates this.

Just some thoughts here,

Mark

J

Jim_1899

rubber seal around window

It is the rubber seal on the bedroom slide that slides inside close to the shower. The door has been opened when we slide it open and shut. I am still under warrenty but I wonder if the slide is to tight or the slide was put on a little off square.

The seal is on the outside of the camper, then after putting the slide in the wall and outside of the window is inside.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Jim,
I get it now. The outer slide seals you refer to are a (2) piece seal. The first piece is the flat flap that mounts on the outer edge of the opening for the slide. This flat seal has an adhesive strip that will hold it in place before the screws are driven in. The second part of the seal is a "D" shaped seal that slides on a channel of the first seal. On my unit they had put a screw through both seals and into the wall of the trailer at each end of the seal "sandwich". If I can I will try to take some pics and upload them.

Mark

J

Jim_1899

Mark,
I pushed the seals in all around the window with a screw driver. I think a screw would break the glass. I am going to try to use some caulk and then use silicone to get it not to pull out the rubber seal. If you could upload a picture that would be great. Thanks!

jpmorgan37

Jim;

I don't fully understand your problem, but instead of caulk would marine goop (it's a super duty contact cement and totally waterproof) do better? Just wondering. The deal with the slide sticking and then popping when it starts to move is an adjustment problem. Something is holding it and then the pump pressure is breaking it loose. That isn't the way it's supposed to be.

John