Heartland Owners Position - Back and better than ever!

linuxkidd

Hello All,
Well, it took a few weeks, but we finally got HOP back online. And, with the much delayed 'Address Lookup' feature added as well!!

If you've not been in the past day or so, head on over to //heartlandowners.org/hop.php and give the newly revised software a whirl. All your old positions will be there, and the 'My Location' links are now in the post information along the left.

Feedback as always is more than welcome,
LK

Jellystone

Fantastic Job! Works great.--Thanks for all of your work improving the technical presentation of the forum.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Looks great. Just updated my position. Thanks for the good work ! !

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks LK..
Now I can look everyone up in my neighborhood and bug them a bit.

I got the chance to check the HOP out earlier and found a couple of things out.
Once you have the pin set up, you do not have to delete your pin to reposition it. Go into Add/Edit. Key in a new address or what ever you have to get you in the general area. I used the address here at Mission West and as most addresses used by GPS and such, it is off by about 200 yards, but it can get you into the area. Once you found your campground or home you can go to Satellite and drill down to a very close point, such as your actual site position.

One thing I did not try, is to reset my location from the existing pin. I deleted mine and started over. If you do this and are using the image you will loose the URL to the image and have to go back and copy it to insert into the proper field. I use a picture from my photobucket of my rig in Utah.

Have fun and update your Location so we can enjoy meeting each other as we move around this year. Who knows we might end up in a new rally.

Travel safe.
BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
LK
I think I asked this question earlier but can't find were I asked it...
Is there a way we can give a link to our family or friends that will let them see our location pin? A friend that is part of the Datastorm Users sends me an email that shows his present location. Datastorm
I would like to send my daughter a link that would show them my location. It might be a zoomed in area showing just me or using only my data pin in a window.

Just a thought?

Here is something I found but would rather use the one on the forum TXBobcat Mapme

BC

cjbearden

Visitor
Where is the detailed owners' listing that used to be linked from the HOP site? Thanks LK for your work on this tool. Great Job! CJ

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay CJ..
Is this what your looking for? You can go to the member list from the Community Drop down list.

//heartlandowners.org/memberlist.php

BC