Can a awning be put on a slide out?

Can a awning be put on a slide out?

We will be picking up our 3450 Big Country this week. It has a 16ft awning from the door to the front on the camper. This unitl has a slide on the other side of the door. My question is can a awning be installed on a slde? Or are the awnings to heavy to do this?
Nancy:)

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It has been done by others here on the forum but if I remember correctly, Heartland does not encourage it. My personal opinion is that it would be a great thing to have.

Mark

Delaine and Lindy

Factory Installed.

We have one on the door side slide and it was a option which was installed by the factory. We had the option of a Electric or Manual. We went with the manual because of price and the manual can be left out and is easier to tie down. I have seen many different 5th wheels with the slide out awnings on both sides. GBY....

anggirl

Re: Can a awning be put on a slide out?

Good question. I will be interested in the responses you get. We also just got our 3450......it's so pretty!!!!!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Yes it can be done.We did it and love it.Check out our signature.We spoke with them at Heartland before we did it and they saw no problem.We have an 2005 Landmark,Mt.Rushmore.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Where does it say that Heartland does not encourage it? Be that as it may, I had one installed on our main slide last fall. Not overly expensive to have it done, either.

B

bwwalczak

You can put slide awnings on. We can install at the factory also.

bedroc

I am wondering if Nancy meant an awning that would extend out from the slide out like the main awning does from the side of the FW rather than one that covers the slide?

andy

Yes, I put one on my big horn last year. do you have a 12 ft slide? I have a slide topper and a awning mounted on the door side slide. I was worried about how thick the material was on the slideout an wall but I found all the mounting points to be plywood or metal backed. You live in Gloucester do you go to bethpage campground?

Hello All, We have a 16 ft main awning on the right side of the door. Our slideout on the left side is around 12ft long. We were thinking about putting a awning on that slide also. Not the type that goes on the top of the slide to keep debris out. But a awning like the main one that we have. My husband was worried that the side walls of the slide may not be thick enough to do this. Yes we live in Gloucester County and have been to Beth Page before. But we are also are members of Thousand Trails. We have a yearly site at the one in Gloucester so we no longer go to Beth Page because they are fairly close to each other. Thank you all for your input
Nancy

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
You will have no problem installing a patio awning,like you have over your door.We had one put on ours about two years ago.We have not had any problems and we LOVE it!

jimtoo

The question has been answered, so I moved the thread out of ATF to the open forum.

Thanks
Jim M