Need tips for washer, dryer.

jimtoo

Hi udallking,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here as you have seen since you have been a member of the forum for a while. These folks have lots of information and all willing to help, so ask your questions.

I did move your post to the appliance area, you should get plenty of answers here.

Enjoy the Forum and welcome to the family.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are we talking about a combo W/D or stackable units? The BH3670 layout is similar to the Augusta, but the floor plans were changed between the 2009 and 2010 models (BH3670, at least) to rotate the W/D area so it faces into the bedroom rather than into the closet. The space now looks like a stackable "might" fit in there. In mine, only a combo unit works.

But, for our use, I open the Gray #1 drain when running a load. The Splendide combo can easily handle a load of bedding or two sets of towels, or socks/t-shirts/undies, up to 11 lbs. Stuff does come out wrinkled, however, but I just smooth it out by hand, fold, and don't really worry about it. (Yes, I do my own laundry. Force of habit from the days in the barracks.) I figure if the places I go to spend money while camping are upset with some wrinkles in my T-shirt, they may be also upset with the wrinkles in my money. So I won't give them any.

ralphpam

We use 4 dryer balls - blue with little spikes available in the ironing section of Walmart - and they seem to help with wrinkles and dry faster. They also stop static electricity. The more you try to dry at a time, the more wrinkles. We dry shirts for just a few minutes to relax some of the wrinkles and then hang them to finish drying - most of the wrinkles disappear. Still wouldn't be without one - we have the Splendide combo vented. Previously had an unvented - never again!