La-Z-Boy info needed!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
DW needs a La-Z-Boy! I tried to explain that since I'm between jobs right now - I'm not working at the moment...but that's not the kind she's talking about! :rolleyes: We visited the Dallas RV show today and she tried out all the recliners and chairs in the Heartland's - but would rather have a La-Z-Boy. We'll be taking out the corner seat/storage on the kitchen side to make room for the chair.

She sat in one in a Cardinal RV and loved it. The only info on the tag was "Reclina-Rocker." I should have turned it upside-down and found another tag to read a bit closer...on the La-Z-Boy website, there are about a jillion different Reclina-Rockers.

Do any of you guys who have gotten them, happen to know the name of the one you purchased?
I read where the backs come off for easy installation thru the RV doors. All of them or just some?
Do they make a wall-hugger type that is also a rocker?

Thanks! :)

jimtoo

HI HT,,, we have Lazy boy's in ours,,, could not stand the originals,,,, Do not think you can get a recliner, rocker with the wall hugger feature. I may be wrong, but we went to LB store in San Antonio when we bought ours. We could get one with wall hugger, but not rocker and swivel... so we went with rocker, swivel. We or I love mine. (wife likes couch, that is a double wall hugger recliner) Ours are in our 3055 in the rear and we turn them sideways when we travel so slides will come in. I would suggest you go to a Lazy Boy store and try them out. And the backs do come off for easy movement.

Did you bring your Cyclone home or is it still up in the cold country?

Jim M

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We'll certainly be visiting a LB store or two. Gotta try it out! :)

Brought the Cyclone with us. Had to get it out of the frozen tundra! Just visiting friends and family for a while and enjoying some time off! Gonna head out to east TX next week to visit my brother and his wife. Ready for a job in a bit warmer climate! Never know, though!

kinzu

Also hate the recliner we had in our trailer,we found well built recliners (wall hugger type)check out (BEST CHAIRS) they make a smaller type recliner which do allow slide to clear in my 3055.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi HT
I was talking to someone that went to the Goshen Rally and had a set of chairs that were very well built. We have two recliners from Lazy Boy. If I were going to get another set of chairs I would go to the Goshen/Elkhart area and see if I could have one made by the people there.

I don't remember who had the chairs but the leather was very soft and the chair moved and felt great. I would also have a chair built so it was higher than normal. Due to my height most chairs are so low to the ground that It is hard for me to get up sometimes.

BC

Tom of Ypsi

Why not contact Forest River RV Company and ask them what recliner company they use? We have the original recliners in our "Classic" LM and love them. They are heavy but wide and comfortable and will probably go in our next coach if I have my way.

Zonian

Great timing on my part. Just yesterday I started searching for recliners. I have LBs at home and am glad to know some of you have them in your units. I will "test drive" the ones in my local store for a good fit. Thanks

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have 2 LB wall hugger recliners in our Landmark.We replaced the larger,heavier rocker recliners that came in our unit and moved our sofa to the rear of the camper and the recliners to the slideout.We purchased the recliners from a local LB store.They have worked well for us.

cashb

Received our 2011 Sundance 2900mk in January, and promptly ordered two Lazy boy reclina-way chairs. Special ordered them to get the fabric I wanted so they took a month to arrive. Love them! They do come apart and are fairly light weight and fit perfectly in our sundance. They did not make a reclina-way rocker. The model we got was the Lyle. We are not big people, I am 5'3" and hubby is 5'8", and chairs are very roomy and comfy. Had a set in our last fiver too and loved them! You can look on their website for dimensions but definately go sit in them before buying. Happy chair hunting!

PUG

Pug
We have an 09 Cyclone and removed the corner couch beside the kitchen as it was terrible to set in. We purchased a Lazy Boy 1 1/2 recliner chair that both the wife and I can set in cozyly. It needs about two inches of wall space but I believe it is called a wall hugger. I wish it did swivel. This has worked out well.