It won't be long now!

Midastouch

Just got an email from my dealer ... my Grand Canyon is real ... got the vin# on it and the driver is picking it up this week from the factory!:D
All of you that have been where I am right now know how excited I'm getting to make that trip and finally step into the new GC!

Other than the PDI checklist supplied by John early on in my decision to purchase a Landmark ... is there anything anyone can contribute as far as advice, what to pay attention to, towing, etc... (especially relating specifically to the Grand Canyon) I have learned alot over the months involved in this forum and feel fortunate to have this resource, before my purchase and definately after I get home! Thanks in advance to everyone for that!;)

jpmorgan37

Lynne;
Congratulations, and I definitely know how happy you are now and hope that your GC will serve you as well as ours has us. Take the time and use the PDI list when you get there and give my regards to Butch and Karen.
John

Midastouch

Thanks John! From what I've been told, Butch and Karen have been very busy. I wonder if they realize how much they seem to be mentioned here?:confused: Keep me posted on anything that you have done in your GC that may benefit me, since I will be in mine fulltime.

jpmorgan37

Hi Lynne;
The auction is over, and we sold everything including the house. As soon as I find our camera, I will take pictures of the living room, window awnings, truck and garage (that's what we have named the 6x10 that Sue will be pulling around until we decide to do something different). I kept some tools because we want to do some volunteer work (Habitat for Humanity or something like that) and some of Sue's craft stuff and a 5 cu ft freezer. We could stuff it in the GC but it wouldn't be comfortable.
John

Midastouch

Sounds great! I did cancel the heavy ultra "faux" leather recliners and opted for the standard leather euro chairs for now. Decided I could move them around much easier and replace with something else down the road. I just need to get in it, spend a little time and the "decorating" will come! What I'm concerned about is how much or where will I be able to safely hang items ... on the walls where there is space ... or add a table, etc....the transition from the house to the GC should be fairly easy ... will just have to modify some of my morning routine for work, etc... it's a "girl" thing!:D :rolleyes: How about that full length mirror .... any advice? :eek:

jpmorgan37

You have an almost full length mirror right inside the front door. We had the two Ultra Leather recliners, but sold one at the auction along with the sleeper sofa. Put a reclining love seat in place of the sofa and built a small desk in the corner where the other big recliner used to be. Works well for us.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations MidasTouch,
I hope to see you and your new Grand Canyon at the Rally next year. I bet the anticipation of getting your new rig is almost unbearable. I know I would be at wits end waiting and waiting for my new rig to show up. Anyway, I'm glad that this forum has helped you in your decision making and better yet, your purchase.

Good luck,

Mark

Midastouch

Rally attendance ...

Next years rally is one event I sure would like to participate in! It will all depend on getting some time off at work, so I will be trying to make plans for that.

Princess Kathleen

Midastouch,
If you ordered a trail air hitch...check the size of the bladder....ours was to small had to move up one size...dont know what size on the bladder....use the PDI...and even that is not a sure call....it is only after you live in it you find the oops.....

Congrads on the GC....We love ours, even though we had a rough start...we are in Lewis and Clark SP in Onwana IA...and it is just beautiful...only 4 campers in the entire park....

PK

Midastouch

PK ...

As for the trailair hitch .... I did not order it as I have another brand I was considering down the road, as I get to travel more. I didn't think the 730 miles back home would make too much of a difference. We won't know or have anything to compare having it, or not having it anyway! :D I want to do some more research on other brands I've heard good things about ...

I am glad to hear you finally got back on the road ... I had hoped to meet the both of you during your "stay" in the area .... maybe at the rally next year!??? We plan on spending 4 nights in the coach before heading back so anything that we find that needs tending too can be done before we head out, hopefully. I know that only time will tell on some things. I have a list of things in my head about what I've read on this forum ... related to my coach or not, I will check everything I can.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

HI Midastouch
When was your Grand Canyon suppose to be coming in? I live just a short way from RV's for Less, and want to see it. I want to compare the new ones to my 05. Thanks.

Midastouch

fireflipper ...

I think the driver is picking it up this week, from what Karen tells me. I will be there next weekend, hanging out in Knoxville, until I go over to the dealer on the 5th to do the PDI and take delivery. Holler back and let me know what there is to do in your neck of the woods! :D

Princess Kathleen

Midastouch...
Just sent you a PM....forgot to tell you if you have the deluxe bedding (bedspread and pillows) check the stiching around the H ours was not attached on one side...

PK

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

HI Midastouch
Well it all depends on what you like to do. Just south of Knoxville we have Dollywood, with all the usual tourist traps. Gatlinburg, alot of walking and window shopping. But best of all, the Smokie Moutian National Park. It is free, and there are alot of really nice things to see, and the views are the best. Keep in mind that the haze you see in the mountians is why they are called the smokies. Most people think it is smog, it's not. If you like to gamble, go to Cheeroke in N.C. Also, Maggie Valley is a really nice little town in the summer, in the winter it turns into a big ski area.
I am leaving in the morning to head to Washington, state. Should be back by the 9th or 10th. I will try and keep up with the forum but not sure if my Wi-Fi in the laptop will work. No luck here at home connecting but maybe on the road it will work. Shout when you get in the area.