rig covers

plumberdude

hi ya'll
we wondering if anybody has acquired a cover for thier 3914 toy hauler.
any input would be helpful.
thank-you
lori :)

porthole

Retired
Are you referring to a full trailer cover? If so what are you looking for? We have an Adco Tyvek cover (their top model) that I picked up on sale at the end of the season. It is for a 3010, but except for the overall length they are all the same.

plumberdude

Are you referring to a full trailer cover? If so what are you looking for? We have an Adco Tyvek cover (their top model) that I picked up on sale at the end of the season. It is for a 3010, but except for the overall length they are all the same.
hi porthole,
yes we would to cover the whole trialer.
we looked at a site that has those covers and they state that they go to 40ft.
do they strecth to a larger size.(we are rookies to this) thanks pat:D

RSIG

I have used a cover on some of my previous trailers and they work well. Measure the outside length and include the ladder. Look at the Adco site and they have instructions for ordering. Thanks for your previous e-mail.

Jellystone

Pat and Lori, before you buy a cover check into it's environment strength. In other words, how it will hold up in your New Mexico weather (dry climate, winds, hot temps., etc.). Some of the less expensive/cheaper covers will not even last 1 year in a southwest environment without having problems. Hope this helps in making a wise investment.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You could also check into CalMark. They custom make the cover to your measurements and have different materials for different climates. you could call and talk to them and they could tell you what might work best for you. you could do web search, but I think its just the standard www.calmark.com or .net

We've had ours in Oregon for three winters now and not a thin spot or tear anywhere on it.

Kristy

plumberdude

Thank you all for the information, we are going to be at the Spring Rally in Tx- April 16. We are excited to meet new people that have been thru some of the experiences we are going to have!! Thanks again for the imput. That is what makes this forum great to have.

Lori

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If your weather is like ours here in Amarillo a cover won't last a year, beware the wind blowing on the cover can damage your unit.....ours lasted less than a year so I built a 40'x50' steel cover.

Attachments

• PICT0004..JPG
    PICT0004..JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 25

plumberdude

hi westxsrt10
the cover because i don't have the room for 50x60 add on. sounds like you a few toys for that little space.
thanks for the info,we live in the mountians of new mexico we do have high wind warning.
agin thanks
pat

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
My neighbor made a steel cover not much bigger than his 5th wheel 10'x40' for around $4500. That may work out for you, its wide open in front. Leaving an RV outside in the weather just seems like a bad idea.

Attachments

• PICT0045..JPG
    PICT0045..JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Peteandsharon

I'll second that about covers potentially damaging the rig. I bought the Adco cover the first year we put our BH in storage. Two things happened. First the cover tore down at the bottom where it was rubbing on the bottom of the stairs. But more importantly, when I took the cover off in spring I found two spots where the cover had been rubbing against the rubber roof. Thankfully, it had not gotten to the point where there was a hole worn through. However, since I did not find a good solution for that problem, I did not cover it this winter. Not my favorite option but I didn't want a hole in my rubber roof.

dynaguy

if you use the adco or other covers just make sure to not leave areas that can flap in the wind, i have heard of damage from this happening and one case where the cover rubbed through the rubber roof where it meets the side wall!!

Peteandsharon

Interestingly enough, I was very meticulous about snugging down every place I could on the adco cover. In the case where it tore down by the entrance stairs I had it snugged under the rig with a strap but when wind comes up from underneath, it will move. But I don't mind as much doing damage to the cover. It was the rubbing on the rubber roof that bothered me. And mine was not toward the edges. It was in two spots toward the middle where the roof peaks by the front A/C. Not sure how I could have prevented that. The only thing that I could think of was putting something on the roof that would keep the cover from making direct contact with the roof. Problem is that I couldn't think of anything that would protect the roof without shifting itself or mildewing under the cover. So because I couldn't come up with a good solution I just didn't cover it at all this year.