Electrical Wiring Confusion

I have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK. I noticed the electrical outlet on the wall (to the right of the sink) did not have power. I got my handy tester out to check it and but found out it was powered up later that day. It took a bit but I finally figured out why. It is powered by the switch that turns on the awning lights power, which seems odd to me. Is this the way it should be?
I had thought the switch for the awning lights was a great idea but my wifes plans were to use the outlet over the countertop to plug her coffee pot into. Doesnt seem like a good place to plug in if I have to have the awning lights on all the time. Can you help. I would like to change it so it is powered full time and be able to turn the awning lights on and off with the switch. Can anyone provide me with a wiring diagram and give assistance on how i can accomplish this or tell me if there is a reason it was wired the way it is?

Thanks in advance.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The switch was used as a junction and the wrong wires got connected. There are three wires going to that switch, one hot, one going to the outside outlet and one going to the outlet by the sink. the hot and the one going to the sink were supposed to get connected and run into the switch. the one to the outside was supposed to just hook to the switch.

Thanks for replying, I will go to the switch and see if I can sort them and connect them as they were intended to be.

Update, I pulled the Switch and found only 2 sets of wires going to it. Traced them out and they went from the switch thru the Outlet over the counter top and then on too the outside outlets. I ended up bypassing the outlet over the counter top and ran a new wire set from it to the breaker box. Now everything works as it should have in the first place. Wasn't too difficult that is if you don't mind crawling up into the storage area, removing the inner wall and then fishing wires thru. But, It was worth it, The Cook is now happy she can run her coffee pot all day and night.