Dually tire pressure?

RSIG

When towing what tire pressure should I use? I have a GMC dullay towing a Bighorn 3670.

Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
66 in the front and 60 in the rears. That's what is specified for my '09 and that's where I keep it.

Northern Virginia
I run the 80 psi specified for the rear. One thing I've noticed is on a hot day the pressure will get up into the 90's. I have always figured that is okay since the 80 is spec'd cold pressure.

Jellystone

RSIG, inflate to the MAX tire pressure (PSI) that is stamped on the tires themselves. Do not go over the max but try to get as close as possible to it for towing applications. Always go by TIRE manufacturers ratings not truck manufacturers recomendations for tires. The tire builder knows tires, the truck builder knows trucks.

DW_Gray

I remember too reading somewhere that inflating to MAX tire pressure will improve fuel mileage.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I have always run 80 lbs in all 6 when towing.This is what the sidewall on tire recommends as max.

BruteForce

As has been posted, 80PSI in the rear tires. I keep my fronts at 60-65PSI. I then deflate back to 60/60 when not towing.