Adding more fuel storage.

trvlrerik

While washing off 5 gallon fuel cans for the hundreth time I am thinking about adding a fuel cell to my 08 F350, CC, 4X4 with 6.5 foot bed. I have a B/W Companion hitch with a pop up ball. I use the fifth wheel ball weekly.

I have been looking at in bed fuel cells with a nozzel attatchment for remote equipment filling (and additional truck fuel) online. I cannot judge what will work with my limited bed size and clearance issues with my 09 3912 Cyclone.

Does anybody have any experience with this issue, I might have to settle with just additional fuel storage for the truck, as my range is pretty limited.

Thank You
Erik

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I guess your talking about a Aux Fuel Tank. Unless your looking for an Electric Fuel Cell. Haven't seen one of them.

I use the B&W Turnoverball with the Companion 5th wheel and I installed a Combo Fuel Tank from American Tank. 45 Gal with switch in cab to use from either the OEM or the Aux Fuel tank. It also shows the fuel level on my OEM Truck gage. It works great and I have had zero problems.

FWIW
BC

RollingHome

Erik, You may want to look at RDS Brand tanks. They are sold by nationwholesaledirect.com RDS has many different flavors of tanks and I'm sure one will fit your rig. They also sell a installation kit where you cut your fill hose and install their tee. The auxilliary tank feeds your main tank. When your fuel gauge starts to move you're sucking out of the OEM tank. They even have toolbox/fuel tank combo units. Tally Ho.