Dealer abandons us. We are orphaned.

arisce

I have just been informed by my dealer in Quebec that they no longer sell Heartland products. Asked them why? and they said it was that the service was poor from Heartland. They now sell Carriage. We are orphaned but we do not know why? Could you e-mail us to tell us or just post here if you do not object. I feel the client is paying again and we have a right to know.

P.S. We have a general idea as to why but I do not like to guess. See thread Canadian Update especially our last two posts before you answer. Thanks!

Scott

Please email me or PM me and let me know what dealer it is and I will check into it. We have over 200 dealers, and yes, we have some turnover. If you purchased from them, they will not abandon you, nor will Heartland, even if they do.
ST

ChopperBill

I know that sinking feeling when the dealer gives up a product that you just purchased, like mine did. My dealer said "we will take care of you" Makes it a lot better. It is in there shop right now and they are going way out of their way to make sure everything is OK before I come and get it again. Hopefully yours will do the same.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is just the reason I believe in Heartland as a company. Time after time Heartland has stepped up to the plate for it's customer.

Scott

Just got the information... The dealer we had in Quebec was initially signed as and "exclusive", so they basically had all of Quebec. However, as we came out with new products, they were not interested in expanding their offerings, which greatly limited Heartland's exposure there. As soon as we were legally able to, we signed three additional dealers in Quebec, giving Heartland much greater exposure throughout the province.

arisce

Thanks Scott for the information.
Could you tell us where the new dealers are. BTW, I was not surprised that you and the dealer had a falling-out because they had a not so favorable reputation. But we bought from them because they carried Heartland products. I found it odd that the reason they dropped Heartland was because of poor service. I was refusing to take possession of our unit because of poor service. They did not see the irony in that. I can say these things because I have never mentioned their name to anyone. And I will never mention their name. If asked if I recommend this dealer then I will be honest and say no. E-mail us the new dealers. Thanks.

Midastouch

Mark,

I second your comment ... each time I read about intervention on the company's part, I get a smile on my face and a good feeling about my choice in how I'm spending my hard earned paycheck!;) Heartland and Co., keep up the outstanding work!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to know you're out there!