Wheel Chocks

Saildogs

With the Wide Trax, what type of chocks are used? Also, what is the width between the tires? We want to start gathering the new equipment needed for the NT 24RBS. We should find out this week the estimated delivery date. This waiting game is hard! :eek:

Zonian

I purchased a pair from fastwayrv.com. They are onestep chockXL. They can be set from 16" to 24". I love them. real easy to use. If you order be sure to get the XL as they have a second type for the "standard" dual axle set up.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've been using the cheap yellow plastic ones sold at Walmart. Under $4 each and work fine. Lightweight also.

currituck0209

I found the wide track wheel chocks at soderbloom mfg., click on rv catalog, go down to fastway onestep wheel chocks & click, & XL WHEEL CHOCK will come up, good for 16" to 30"

chrispitude

So how do these things work on a slanted site? Let's say to level the trailer, I have to put the wheels up on leveling blocks on one side, and the other side is on the ground. Can I only use a single Fastway XL wheel chock on the side that's on the ground?

We have Lynx leveling blocks left over from our old trailer. Are those even practical, due to the wide spacing of the North Trail's wheels?

- Chris

wdk450

I was looking at building my own screw- between-the-tires wedge type. I even had 1 of the commercial yellow ones of this type(from WalMart), but I found it was too big for my tires (Bighorn - 2 1/2 inch spacing). Then I was looking on Tweetys website and found that there is a smaller size of these. I think they were $17 each.

pinola

One step Chocks are the way to go! CHockXL all works great, and appearance is mo better than irvin56 $7.00 homemade set.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
One step Chocks are the way to go! CHockXL all works great, and appearance is mo better than irvin56 $7.00 homemade set.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mine are home built as well but usually covered up by the tire covers.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Home built shows charactor and pride compaired to any store bought wheel stopper. Cost $0, value priceless till I forget to remove it!

Attachments

• RVwc.JPG
    RVwc.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 61

chrispitude

Those are great guys, but this thread was started in this forum area because conventional chocks don't work on the wide-axle spacing of the North Trail. :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Here are a few pics of my wheel chocks for the Wide Track system on our North Trail. This is a sample set, I will fine tune them once I see if they work well.
2nn7mp.jpg

3009vl0.jpg

2hmn2qc.jpg

After the first use, I give them 2 thumbs up.......and for $3 each, can't beat them.