Campground Rants

rvn4fun

Yesterday when we were thinking about slowly moving towards our summer campground up north. I decided to email a few campgrounds and check weekly, monthly rates, availability ect. I just about fell over and still upset over this. One campground wanted me to email them a color copy of my drivers licence and if our rv was 10 years or older they wanted a picture of all 4 sides AND a picture of the roof! I haven't replied back to them on that but I would not send my drivers licence to any campground. We have traveled the USA and have never run into the things we have here on this trip. Since we pull with the truck and the wife follows in her jeep, we have stopped in parks that wanted 30 dollars a month to store extra vehicle, one said if we had pulled it in it would be free, ect. I guess I should have taken the chain out and tied it to the rv. I have never seen anything like this before. Campgrounds all over the country complain about Walmart parking hurting there business, maybe there are other reasons!

caokgafamily

KOA wanted to charge me for my two daughters, all over the USA. I will never stay at a KOA again and I cancelled my membership.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Considering your rig, I would email them back and tell them you want to see current pictures of their campground to see if it is good enough for you.

SilverRhino

Considering your rig, I would email them back and tell them you want to see current pictures of their campground to see if it is good enough for you.

I agree....the Campgrounds that are asking for all that info are probably like most KOAs....full of broken down old RVs that are permanent residents of the park. I have seen some nice parks go down hill when they started catering to the long term "workers" that do not care what they live in or what they store around it!

argyll1st

Oh boy that is one bad attitude campsite, they must have full seasons that they can afford to vet there customers, Name & shame them, I for one would like to no who they are, that way I dont have to roll up to there door only to be turned away because my truck was too dirty !!!!!

Some things never make sense to me. At a time when every type business seems to be hurting and needs to make money just to stay afloat they have forgotten what built businesses before the great years of prosperity. Good friendly service at a fair price. Campgrounds are charging more and more for not just the sight but children and amenities as well. In a lot of cases I can understand the 10 rule if the rig is in bad shape, but this other stuff is junk. We are even seeing places charge extra for your pets. Things will turn around and those type campgrounds will again go back to vacant lots and it serves them right.

Ernie & Lettie

It seems like some campgrounds are starting to act like HOA's. Maybe a thread should be started and the names put on it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a pic I took a couple of days ago in Port Aransas, TX. I wonder what kind of restrictions they have at that RV park. :)

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC01225..JPG
    DSC01225..JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 161

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Here is a pic I took a couple of days ago in Port Aransas, TX. I wonder what kind of restrictions they have at that RV park. :)

Peace
Dave

Dave, Remind me to never stay there:)!

I have a copy of "The CRM Handbook" by Jill Dyche, one the foremost Customer Service experts and advocates in the country, sitting on my desk at work. Maybe I should send it to a few of these campgrounds:rolleyes:.

wdk450

RV4Fun:
1) I would post a review (even though you didn't actually stay there) in the RV Park reviews site.You can detail the situation in the comments section. Here is the link:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

2) I would send an email or letter to the campground telling them that they have definitely lost a sale to you, and that the situation was posted on the RV Park reviews site.

Cheryl

I would post a review (even though you didn't actually stay there) in the RV Park reviews site.You can detail the situation in the comments section.
They don't accept reviews unless you have stayed at the campground. But by all means, post a thread about it on the forum.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I had a similar request from a park in the southwest and for sure I was upset with them. I e-mailed them and told them what I thought about their request and then asked them to send me a copy of their latest bank statement to prove they were a reputable business enterprise. Needless to say they didn't reply and we didn't stay there.