Pin Box Cover

05Winger

I replaced my original Lippert Pin Box with the Mor/Ryde pin box. The original cover that came on my Sundance no longer fits. Does anyone know of another cover that will fit. We have the Sundance 287RL XLT. We are looking forward to checking out the new Mor/Ryde but are disappointed the originial pin box cover does not fit as it makes the trailer look finished.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I cut my cover to fit the factory pin box steel at the bottom. The cover was about 2" lower and hit the bed rail on a turn.
Just curious why you switched to the Mor/Ryde as i can't find one thing wrong with the stocker?

BruteForce

While I can't help you with your original question, I do appreciate the information on the Mor/Ryde pin box. Here in Utah, virtually every freeway has expansion joints every ~7' or so. The chucking is so intense, I don't even have to do sit-ups anymore. I'm intrigued by this solution. (Yes, I'm new to 5th wheel trailers.. owned a Class-C for quite some time and never had this issue).

porthole

Retired
I also ordered the neat factory cover. And it is obvious by the way it is formed that it will only fit stock pin boxes. There is nothing that can be "cut" for clearance.

So I will keep my Mor/Ryder and have for sale if anyone is interested is a unused fiberglass cover for a stock pin box

jgallego

I had a 5th Air Borne installed on mine and the cover did end up fitting. Originially I was told that it would more than likely not fit.

Jaime

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I also ordered the neat factory cover. And it is obvious by the way it is formed that it will only fit stock pin boxes. There is nothing that can be "cut" for clearance.

So I will keep my Mor/Ryder and have for sale if anyone is interested is a unused fiberglass cover for a stock pin box

I've never seen a fiberglass hitch cover on a Heartland, if you have one I'm interested in it. My factory cover is thin plastic that vibrates/shakes easily while towing.