Expectation on turn-around time on 1st warranty / PDI claim/repair

BruteForce

So, we've owned our Roadwarrior 395 since a week prior to President's Day (Washingon's Birthday).

During our PDI, we noticed that the front right stabilizing leg was either bent or welded on at a slight angle. This angle allowed the trailer to sit tilted. This problem was compounded at home because our RV pad slants to the right to allow water to flow into our back yard.

In addition, after our first outing, we noticed pin striping starting to peel off and bubble and our spare tire fell off (along with any/all mounting hardware), destroying the rear leveling leg (right side) in the process.

Turned it back into the dealer four days later.

It's now been almost three weeks and the dealer claims that I should expect to wait at least 4+ weeks for Heartland to respond to the warranty claims and another 4+ weeks for parts to be received and the repairs to be completed.

Is this a realistic expectation? Two months (or so) to get a warranty repair effected?

jimtoo

I would recheck with your dealer, make sure of his comments, get names and contacts, and if this is true, call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, and check with them about your service. Be sure you have your VIN number when you call. I would think it is a little to long of a wait for service.

Jim M

GETnBYE

I agree with Jimtoo, call customer service. It may very well be true about the times, but with my experience some dealers never even call and they will blame all delays on the factory.
Good luck, repairs take time and it is hard to wait when you would rather be camping.
Hank in there,
Nita

BruteForce

Thanks to Heartland customer service and their proactive monitoring of these forums; They appeared to have made contact with my dealer and expedited the service items. I hope I'm only a week away from getting my RW back.

Thanks, FennerJ whomever you may be.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have waited as long as 6 weeks for warranty repairs. Not because of Heartland but because of the backlog of repairs at the dealer itself. Seems as though the dealer will always blame the manufacturer because of their shortcomings. I have found it is always best to call Heartland customer service to verify the dealer contacted them. Remember, dealers will lie to you and it is always best to get names, dates, times and record that information just in case you need to refer to that later. I would say a 2 - 4 weeks turnaround on repairs is the norm.

jbeletti

I know about the waiting. Dropped my truck off for service work at a large Ford Truck Dealer. They told me several days before my scheduled drop-off that it would be 1 to 2 weeks before they would even be looking at it. Work should take 1 day to do, once they pull it into the shop. Some dealers are more blessed than others in terms of work. Could also be a sign of the times as there are fewer of all types of dealers (RV, Car, Truck etc.) and hopefully, the best have survived.

Jim

BruteForce

Turns out, both the dealer and Heartland were wrong.

Dealer was stating they were still waiting for authorization, but Heartland had given it. Heartland indicated they had shipped (and dealer had received) all parts to be replaced. Turns out that Heartland didn't ship until last Friday. I hope the dealer gets all the parts by Wed, and I can pickup my trailer by Friday/Saturday.

goodtruck

I know the dealers are a big part of the question,and I would like to give the dealer we went thru a big A++++ when we had a bad front landing gear the dealer called hartland and got there approval ordered the parts then took them off a new unit put them on mine and when the parts came in replaced them on the new one.I was at the dealer about 5 hrs and left ONE HAPPY CAMPER. It is something when they want to make it work.

BruteForce

My dealer received all the parts yesterday. Sadly, it seems I'm better educated than they are as to the status of my parts and warranty claims. The contact I'm working with at the dealer seems utterly clueless and won't provide any response short of "I don't know" or "we'll try to get it out as quickly as possible".

I've spoken directly to the service tech and he's better educated than my service advisor.

BruteForce

I spoke to my service tech. this afternoon and my RW395 will be done tomorrow! If only I could have dealt with the tech. directly, most of my frustration would have been minimized (if not eliminated).

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Being a GM tech for more than 45 years. I have always wondered why the Indians know more than the Chiefs. How come the Chiefs always get payed more.:confused:

BruteForce

Updated: We finally got our RW395 back. Unfortunately, they applied the wrong color decal on our door (a grey stripe needed replacement, they put a black stripe on) and they didn't replace the other side decal as requested (because it was bubbling and peeling up). Additionally, we got the trailer back absolutely filthy. Grease and dirt were everywhere -- but especially around the GenSet/Battery door. I spent two hours yesterday washing the unit because I couldn't tolerate seeing my brand new rig so filthy.

Looks like we'll need to take it back to get the correct decals applied.

..not the service experience I was hoping for..

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
OK, I gotta ask.. Were their techs color blind? I mean how could you not know that the color stripe wasn't right?
Sorry for all your problems. I feel bad that you're not out enjoying that trailer. Hopefully once it's right, you'll never see these guys again.