New mod

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
For a while now we have been think about replacing the tv that came with our Landmark in our living room with a flat screen.I took the original tv out of the cabinet ,(boy was it heavy)on Saturday.HHGregg was having a sale on flat panels,so we drove to the store to see what we could find.The 32 inch Sharp we went to get was sold out,but they were substituting a 32 inch Samsung.So we bought it and the cantilever wall mount to mount it on.Now just got to get the job done.I know 1 challange will be to find solid wood to attach the wall mount to.I think I have it figured out,but I guess we will see.I will post pictures when we get the job done.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I think you will really like the Samsung. Good luck with the mod but it needs to be done by the end of April so we can all pile in your coach and watch TV.:D

davebennington

Terry,

I would really like to see the TV mount also we purchased a new flat screen TV a couple weeks ago. Are you going to use an articulating arm with the new TV.

Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like a great project Terry. We found a spot in ours with solid wood backing (it was designed for a flat screen mounting), but since yours is in a different location, you'll probably be looking for a stud.

wyleyrabbit

Samsung is a very well-respected brand for flat-panel TVs, and I think you'll be thrilled with the result.

Chris

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our BC also came with a huge bulky tv which we switched out for a 27" lcd flat screen tv. I wanted to mount it on the wall with a swing arm but couldn't find a strong part of the side wall so I went and got a 1X6 board, stained it to match the so called wood look, anchored it at the top and bottom, then mounted the arm with tv. I just upgraded this tv to a 32" Samsung using the same mount without a problem. I now have the 27" in the basement on a stand (don't like the idea of putting the mount on the side wall in case I have to get back there for any problems[haha]).

I am planning on doing the same thing in my 2009 Sundance 3300sk. The TV spot is located in the slide and is a deep area. I plan to build a wall within the compartment and use a swing mount connected to the new wall. Also going to leave an access hole on the opposite side of the mount so i can use the area behind the TV as storage. The Storage will be hidden when the TV is stored flat in the compartment. Good luck to you with your mount.

trdeal

Our BC also came with a huge bulky tv which we switched out for a 27" lcd flat screen tv. I wanted to mount it on the wall with a swing arm but couldn't find a strong part of the side wall so I went and got a 1X6 board, stained it to match the so called wood look, anchored it at the top and bottom, then mounted the arm with tv. I just upgraded this tv to a 32" Samsung using the same mount without a problem. I now have the 27" in the basement on a stand (don't like the idea of putting the mount on the side wall in case I have to get back there for any problems[haha]).
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my mount.How close to the front of the cabinet did you set your mount?The salesman told me I would need to set it towards the front of the cabinet in order to get the full effect of the swing mount,which makes sense.I haven't had a chance to look at it that much,but I would like to get to it this weekend.Thanks

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

We also have a Mt Rushmore and put in a 32" Sharp with a swing arm. It is mounted 2 1/4" from the inside front on the left side of the cabinet. The TV now sticks out beyond the frame area permanently but we can view from any where in he coach and I put tie down straps in for travel. To fill in behind the TV I put in two shelves for books, maps, etc. Hope this helps some.

porthole

Retired
With the old TV in a cabinet I would probably just add a piece of plywood across the whole back of the cabinet, attached to whatever studs you can find. Counter sink all the mounting screws then just skin it with a piece of finished paneling or something close to your current finish. That way you would have partially hidden if not completely hidden solid backer.

trdeal

Tom and Duane,Thanks for the ideas.I wasn't really sure how I was going to do it.I knew that I would get a lot of great ideas from the forum.Thanks again.

trdeal

Terry,

We also have a Mt Rushmore and put in a 32" Sharp with a swing arm. It is mounted 2 1/4" from the inside front on the left side of the cabinet. The TV now sticks out beyond the frame area permanently but we can view from any where in he coach and I put tie down straps in for travel. To fill in behind the TV I put in two shelves for books, maps, etc. Hope this helps some.
What kind of straps did you use and where did you get them?

jbeletti

Terry,

A friend of mine in WI replaced his CRT with a larger LCD in his classic LM Golden Gate. He created a square our of 2x4 lumber and lag bolted it into the space. Then on the face of the front most part of the square, he bolted on an articulating arm. Worked great!

Jim

trdeal

Thanks for all these ideas.This will be my number project next week.

trdeal

You got it Jim.I am planning on working on it this week and will definetly post some pictures.I hope you,Leslie and the kids are doing well.Renee and I are looking forward to seeing you guys in a little over a month.

Tom of Ypsi

Here you go Terry. It took me a while to figure out how to post a pic. The tie down straps we got from a dealer but I think you can get them from CW also. In pic one lower left hand cornder you can see the lower end of a tie down strap.

IMG_1945..jpgIMG_1946..jpgIMG_1944..jpgIMG_1947..jpg

wyleyrabbit

I like that you have a place to store stuff behind your TV. On our 2009 unit, there's a piece of wood back there, likely enclosing a place that could have been great storage.

porthole

Retired
What kind of straps did you use and where did you get them?

A well stocked West Marine (or go online) will have everything you need to make nylon hold down straps, 1" webbing, clips, hooks, snap together "Fast Tec" buckles etc.