Sundance Pocket Door

Rrloren

The pocket door has jumped off the track on my 2900mk. Anyone know the procedure to get it back on track?
The leading hanger is OK , it's the rear hanger thats off. That is the one most inside the pocket. I can slide the door to the closed position but can't see how to reattach it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rrloren, if your door is the same as mine, if you look on the top you should see a little plastic "latch", at each hanger/roller, turn the little lever on it and the door should come off. You can then take care of the track and get things put back together.
Mine came off once when I forgot to strap it down....and yours?
Hope that makes sense.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Richard,

Mine did the same thing. I had to take off the fascia in front of the door to get to the latches that Cookie referred to. You may also have to use a coat hanger to reach into the pocket and pull the sliding mechanism out to reattach the latch. My latch was a little tight to move, but after a little pressure it locked back into place. The front fascia is stapled to the ceiling with short brad nails so be careful when removing it. It is easily damaged if you put too much pressure on it. Good luck with the fix. Email me if you have trouble and I'll get back to you with more details. g_funderburg@yahoo.com (don't forget the underscore between the g and f)

Rrloren

Same problem. Are you saying I have to remove the door to get the rear latch back on?
I see a plastic part that I'm able to turn but it doesn't allow me to put it back into the track.
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the track.

boatto5er

The plastic latch doesn't attach directly to the track. There should be a small drop down pin mechanism that slides in the track. It goes into the plastic latch and the latch turns around it to lock in place. The drop down pin is what I had to use an unwound metal coat hanger to reach way back in the pocket and get to slide back out. You don't need to take the door itself off. With the fascia off, you can reach over the top of the door, realign the sliding pin and the latch and turn the latch back around until it locks in place. I can't remember whether it turns clockwise or counter-clockwise, but I do remember it took me a couple of tries to figure out which direction to turn.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I removed my door. It seemed to have made the job easier for me. You have to turn the plastic catch, and then slide the roller/hanger out of the latch.
I just unhooked a latch, and took a pic. Once the door is off the job will be easy.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Door ..JPG
    Door ..JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 43

boatto5er

I wish i could get to mine that quickly!! The 30 minute drive there and back would add up to over an hour.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gus, it's just a short two second walk from the kitchen table for me. :D

Peace
Dave

Rrloren

Thanks guys , I see the pin and it is all the way in the back. I'll try a hanger to get the pin moved forward, I might be able to latch it then cause I can get my fingers on the plastic piece and turn it. If it doesn't work I'll have to wait till I get home in a week to get it done. I do see what your talking about now.
I didn't have to make sure the door was secured on my last trailer since the pocket door had velcro on the back side and one good slide back and it was adhered , no problem.
Thanks again.

Rrloren

Gus and Cookie, thanks for the help, I got it fixed. I took off the fascia on the bedroom side and was able to re- latch the pin. I'll put the fascia back when I get home , probably with a couple screws so if it happens again I can access it better.
This forum is really a source for a lot of help on our units.