Mail forwarding service company

argyll1st

Hi all, another question to ask you guys, I need to ger a mail forwarding service in Canada / US, so I can register my truck & trailer,Insurance, tags ,club memberships and the like, I have tried to google one but there seems to be some real differances in Cost, some are $14.99 p/m others are $100, I need one that gives an actual address rather than a p/o box. Can anyone recomend a good reliable service that they have used and been happy with.

Regards

argyll1st

Have you used them ? do they supply a good service ? I had tryed to join Good sam but they wont let me fill in the appliction online because I dont have a US/CA zip code !!!

lhetsler

Yes I used them for a couple of years and was very happy with their service. You can set up automatic forwarding or set it up so that they forward only when you request it. Try calling them to clarify your specific situation. There phone number is on their site. PS. I am a member and I believe they require membership to use their mailing service.

argyll1st

I think I will need to call them ! I have emailed them 3 times in the last 2 weeks but still no answer !

argyll1st

Thanks for getting back to me but while I was waiting for a reply I called Good Sam and just went ahead with there mail service, so now I have a Florida Address "another bit of the puzzle sorted out" So now I need to get Insurance now I have a mailing address, I just called good sam VIP and they told me they can only insure in the state the vehicle is kept, but I need it on a "Florida" policy in order to let the mail forward people deal with my tags and stuff. I think I might need to tell some little half truths to get around this next hurdle !!!

lhetsler

I dealt with the same thing. If you are going to plate/register it in Florida, then you will have to insure it in Florida. As far as anyone is concerned, you live in Florida. Got it. Your moving around fulltiming so you live where you say you live. I don't know if you plan to get a Florida license or not, but that would cement the deal. That is what I did. There are a number of things to consider, taxes, insurance and the like.

argyll1st

Its official, I am now a resident of Florida, I am told by the that there are "Tens of thousands of us" Florida resi-nots all around the country. This tick list of mine is getting smaller and smaller, I have 16 days till take off and only about 100 things left to do, First thing I need is to find campsites that are open up north !!!!

DW_Gray

Yep, Les is right. As soon as a arrived in Florida (4 weeks ago) I got my driver's license, registered my truck and RV and got my insurance. I've saved literally a ton of money by getting out of CA.

argyll1st

Ahhhhhhhhh.....another hurdle, Drivers License ? how do I get a Florida one of those ? dont say go down to the DMV !

DW_Gray

Ahhhhhhhhh.....another hurdle, Drivers License ? how do I get a Florida one of those ? dont say go down to the DMV !

Sorry, yes you do unless you are active duty military. You have to do that before you can register your vehicles in Florida.

We use mail forwarding service called AIM out of Weatherford, Tx but they have locations else where. We use this as our mailing address as we have a lock box in the office, when we are on the road we just call and have them send the mail. We have a a home base address in another county that we stay at when not traveling. We have no problems with AIM.

Wharton

We are Escapees and have used their mail service for 10+ years. Works great, gives you a TX address and in Polk county, where their headquarters are, DMV and everyone else is use to dealing the RVrs. Great support group, lots of great folks.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Afraid you have no choice. Most states will not give you a DL unless you show up in person, and then you need to surrender your current license/ID. Apparently new security requirements require that we only have ONE legal address...had to turn in our Texas ID when we renewed our DL in South Dakota...