Headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday, will full water tanks freeze up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BozRazor

OK guys, looking for some winter travelers. I have a Razor Toy hauler and am wondering if my fresh water tank will freeze up driving about 250 miles, from Columbia SC to Atlanta Motor Speedway. Weatherman is callin for temps between 36 and 48 for the duration of the trip, I don't have tank heaters. And if I travel empty where is a good place to get the tanks filled before I get to the track, pretty expensive at track...thanks for any inputs

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday, travel with tanks full or empty, will I freeze up?

We camp at Bristol in a campground that offers h20/electric or no services areas. The owners are real good about letting people that are in the no service area fill their tanks as they come in from h2o at the barn. We had done that several times before moving up to the electric sites. You shouldn't have any problems with the tanks traveling down to Atlanta. With the temps above freezing and the road motion, the h20 doesn't have a chance trying to freeze up on ya. Finding h20 somewhere before getting into the camping area might be a challenge. Good luck with that one.
Have fun - Atlanta is a great race.

BozRazor

Re: Headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday, travel with tanks full or empty, will I freeze up?

I was there for the fall race last year, we have a spot in the infield and it is awesome, we have always gone to Lowes and Darlington, but camped in the infield in tents, this rv stuff is the way to go. We also will be at Bristol in a couple weeks. Staying at Farmer Bob's, that was our first stay in an RV in the spring race last year.

Nabo

BozRazor - we will also be at Bristol staying in 186 campground on Old Thomas Bridge rd (about 1/4 mile from the track). We and a BH are going up the weekend before the races, setting up and coming back on Thursday night for the race weekend. Give us a holler and come by - glad to meet a fellow HL'r.

BozRazor

Definately need to get ur info, we will be there on Friday more than likely...depends on work and weather...I'm actually planning on looking for another campsite that's easier to get out of...last year we spent 4 hours sitting on the main road while they emptied out a track parking lot.

Nabo

Yep - welcome to Bristol. We stay over till monday to let part of the 4 wheelers get out of there on Sunday, but then there's the camper brigade all trying to make a mad dash out. It usually takes us a little less than an hour to get to the interstate. email us at natbyrd@hotmail.com and we'll see how we can help/get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.