Wireless Tire Presure/Temperature Monitors

dlsorlie

I was wondering if many people use these systems and if they have found them to be worth the cost. I hear of people who have had tires spring a leak while driving and then blow out which caused great
damage to the RV.
Regards,
Duane

Wharton

We have Pressure Pro and bought it for the extra security, we have not yet had low tires. When tires blow out they do lots of damage to the rig, at least this way we know we are not running with low pressure(major contributor to blow outs). The only problem we have is in cold weather(15-30 degrees) the tires are below the "correct" pressure in the morning and the Pressure Pro goes off until the tires warm up. We put up with the beeping when this occurs since if we turn off the system we may forget to turn it back on. I wish there was a delay option for the system, turn it off temporarily and it turns on automatically in 10 minutes or so.

Iver

This is the second rig I have had tire monitors on. Here is why I am a believer. On an early trip with the other rig I was taking a walk with the dog in a camp site. While passing the entrance a new arrival drove in to register. I saw that his rear passanger tire on the trailer was totally shreaded. He got out and went into the office still having no idea that the tire was trash. Early warning is way to prevent tihis and the monitors work.
Good luck

Pat McFall

I was wondering if many people use these systems and if they have found them to be worth the cost. I hear of people who have had tires spring a leak while driving and then blow out which caused great
damage to the RV.
Regards,
Duane

Duane, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the PressurePro System. If you want to call me, my phone number is: 850-294-0281 or you can email me at sales@pressureprosystem.com .

Safe Travels, Pat

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Duane, I bought my Pressure Pro System from Pat McFall. Last summer on my way home from The National Rally in Goshen, via Tunica Mississippi, my alarm went off for the right rear truck tire. I pulled over and the valve stem had failed. Pressure was down to , I think 72 PSI from the 80 that I put in. So no tire damage. I think the system is a worth while investment.
One more thing, it is recomended that you have metal bolt in valve stems. Be certain to do that.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have had Pressure Pro since 2006 and have been saved 3 or 4 times. I concider it good insurance incase a tire is having a problem. However it will not tell you any problem if you have a blow out, just that it lost air and may keep you from damaging your trailer even more.

I will not roll without all 4 trailer tires having a sensor working. I will take one off my truck if necessary. Since I installed the system in 2006 I have only had to return one sensor because the gasket failed. It was replaced quickly and at no expense to me.

I agree with Cookie. Before you install the system have metal valve stems installed. The Sensors will cause the rubber valve stem to fail.

One thing you might think about also. I had to put a repeater in the front basement of my trailer because the sensors would not send a good signal to the monitor in the cab. Another solution is go with the antenna and mount it under the truck bed at the back of the truck.

If your thinking of going with Pressure Pro I would suggest you go through Pat McFall. You will receive great service.

BC

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I just went with the TST system, Main reason was that it also included Temperature mode. Will be traveling in desert conditions and I would like to keep up with the temps. Bought it through TST direct and got a great deal for system with 8 sensors. Have not had an occasion to use it yet. Will use it next week on first trip. I have put new tires on TV and Sundance and included this as an extra insurance. Will not save you from a blowout but can help.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have Pressure Pro also. Is it worth it??? It is right after it saves you from your first "major damage" flat.

dlsorlie

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I have purchased a TST system with only 4 pressure monitors since my truck already has a built-in monitoring system. I thought I would try it without the repeater and
can purchase later if I have a problem.

sgtbigb

Well after some research I finally the decided on the pressure pro system. After 2 blow outs on my last road trip, I knew I had to get more peace of mine. GoodYear g rated tires and this sysyem should do it.

Wharton

We have the Goodyear G and the Pressure Pro(gave us peace of mind). Have never had a blow out with the Goodyear G614. Only tire we would consider, when you are happy, why change?

I left Port Richey fl., Jamar campground; I have a tpm that i got at tire rack for about $229.00 plus installation. It also monitors tire temp. I inflated the tires to the recommended 80 psi. After a couple hours the camper tires raised 16 psi to 96 psi which set of the alarm. I pulled into a rest area and lowered the psi by 5 psi, which allowed the tires to run at a safe pressure. This may have saved me a blowout. This unit worked great.
The truck tires were 70 psi cold, and only raised 6 psi to 76psi.
If anyone can explane why the camper tires raiser more than the truck I would like your input.

BOB

jimtoo

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I see you have been a member for quite a while now. Just looking and watching us folks, I guess. But you know we have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help and share their knowledge.

Please do not use all caps in future posting, but ask your questions and I'm sure someone will be give you an answer soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Question, when you say that the pressure rose 16 psi up to 96 psi, did you check the pressure with a good guage or rely on the TPMS info?
Like Jon said, could be weight, cheap tires or maybe allignment.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Another thing that affects tire temperature is the sun. Tires on the sun side will be hotter and therefore higher in pressure than the shady side.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a Pressure Pro system. I aired up my tires to 85 PSI before leaving in the morning. Later down the road I checked the pressure and they were up to 101 PSI. My Monitor did not go off.

FWIW
BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a Pressure Pro system. I aired up my tires to 85 PSI before leaving in the morning. Later down the road I checked the pressure and they were up to 101 PSI. My Monitor did not go off.

FWIW
BC

That sounds normal. Tires will heat up and increase in pressure as you drive. Even more extreme in the heat of the summer. The tires are designed to do that.