FYI - the land crab and my waste water tank

patrick1945

After fussing with the tank scrubber, snake and water hose I found the problem with my waste water tank. It drained very slowly and did not read below 2/3 after draining all that would come out.

I purchased a flusher and low and behold a land crab with an 8" shell washed out of the black tank. I jokingly told my DW that it was after her. Later I told her that would (?) be impossible so she will once again use the toilet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, I bet some jokester at HL put that in there just for your DW.....NOT. Well at least you found the blockage. Was it still moving???:eek: An 8" crab:confused: BTW, how did you get an 8" crab through a 4" hose??

rjr6150

I keep brown trout in mine. One has to be very careful when picking up though as they can squish easily

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
:(I hope you guys aren't trying to filet those trout. As for crabs and tadpoles in the tanks, you gotta change your diets or chew your food more thoroughly.

patrick1945

Patrick, I bet some jokester at HL put that in there just for your DW.....NOT. Well at least you found the blockage. Was it still moving???:eek: An 8" crab:confused: BTW, how did you get an 8" crab through a 4" hose??

The shell was 7-8 wide and 2-3 deep. It entered through the hose but did not exit through the hose. I will explain later.

patrick1945

First off it is true. Second the shell was 7-8 inches across and 2-3 from front to back. Third I don't keep the black tank open except when dumping. Forth, when I started pumping the water into the waste tank my wife was inside. When she yelled for me to stop I ran to the hose bib and turned the water off but she continue to yell so when I attempted to open the gate "down stream" from the flusher (to relieve the pressure) the whole **** thing came off the terminus.

NOW I am yelling at my wife to come out and close the black tank valve. She arrives outside as I am pushing (but not attaching) the flush king thing to the terminus. Still the tank of sewerage is now rushing out across my hands, arms and legs. She closes the black tank valve and turns to me and sees the crab come out and land on the ground next to my feet. All I saw was the contents of the tank - I didn't see the crab until she screamed "its a !@#$'&% Land crab". I responded with "@#$%^ the crab - I have to clean this +_)( up.

Thats how I spent the afternoon along with taking a lengthy shower and changing all clothing.

MY DW is ****ed that I yelled at her (for which I have apologized profusely)and she is concerned that we might have another uninvited visitor.

I did take a picture but I will have trouble posting it here.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
ROTFLMAO !!! That would have made a great YouTube video. But, unless you've got a different model, the flusher has a valve on it where the garden hose connects that allow you to select sending water to the tank, to the sewer hose, or OFF. Usually, when I backflush, I'll run it into the tank for just a couple of minutes, then dump and repeat. Never, ever, send water into the tank via the backflusher and walk away with the water running. Bad things can happen. You could have the home edition of Old Faithful, without going to Yellowstone. Oh yeah, also be sure the tank valve is open and the sewer hose valve is closed, or vice versa, when running water into the flusher. It's not a good thing to pressurize that short section of pipe, either. Especially if you're standing real close to the backflusher. Those seals at the bayonet connections only take so much before they spray every which way. Another OH !#%!? moment.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
ROTF...LOL:D:D. Sorry Patrick.......but it is very funny. I'm not sure if you can ever live it down. BTW, I also had the %&@# connector come loose from the pipe. I was wearing shorts and flip-flops. So I feel your pain. There was trout and wrapping paper everywhere.:eek::eek:

SilverRhino

Wow....and people thought Robin Williams had problems dumping his tank in the movie RV.....I see a sequel coming!

Jellystone

Sometimes TRUTH is stranger than FICTION. My Goodness. --Does Thetford make any kind of tank chemical for crabs? heehee