First impressions

don46

I purchased my new Road Warrior RW365 in Late August, and was finally able to take a week of vacation in October. We left home on a Friday evening with the temp about 2 degrees f and while we were driving the thermometer in my truck dropped down to -8 f, suprisingly we had no issues with water as I've heard some have.

So I have had some very positive feelings about the unit a couple of negative.

First the positive

Love the floorplan, that was the main reason we purchased this unit

stairs to the loft, liked it much better than the ladder

beavertail storage, I was wondering where I was going to put all my stuff, plenty of room

under frame storage, can't ever have enough storage

Huge front closet, If I get in trouble I can sleep up there

Bathroom layout is perfect with plenty of room

Power landing gear A++++ (also on the negative list)

sleeping capacity is huge, I don't want to take that many friends

Salesman was very helpful (also on the negative list)

huge basement storage

The UDC, another reason I bought the Road Warrior

Great Price, lost of options for the money

rear Screen Door in cargo area.

Plenty of seating area for guests

Did I mention the Huge closet up front, WOW

The thing pulls like a dream

The short turn radius front cap, cool idea when you have a short box truck.

Now for the negative

power landing gear, how in the world do you get to the motor,

Manual crank, the handle will not go into the reciever, when built it wasn't lined up so they are worthless

salesman, great guy but didn't follow through after the sale to make sure things were right

Sewer hose storage, total joke, it wouldn't even hold the short hose provided, I would be embarresed if I built that.

Hide a bed was advertised as Air, another reason I bought it, as it turned out it wasn't

Vent in the kitchen should come standard as a power opening vent like in the cargo area, who can reach it.

Could have better documentation with the unit, and especially wiring, I still don't understand the antenna/satellite thing

As you can see I don't really have any serious negative issues. I did buy my unit off the internet sight unseen, when it was delivered the delivery crew didn't do a very good job of going through the unit and explaining things and in some cases weren't able to answer questions about features. The Generator would not start, I was told it was out of gas, wrong, I dumped gas in, still wouldn't start. I pulled off the fuel line, used a vacuum pump to pull fuel to the pump, that was some of the ugliest looking varnish I'd ever seen. So I cleaned the fuel to the pump hooked the line back up and it started, unfortunately only for about 10 minutes, then it quit, it would start back up and run for about 10 minutes. So off I go to my Cummins dealer, they diagnose a bad fuel pump, which is NOT under warranty. They say the manuf. let it set to long with the original gas and it turned to varnish and ruined the pump, oh well good to know. The landing gear blew a fuse, of course because of the thourough delivery presentation I didn't know there was a fuse at the motor, I only found it out of deperation, remeber the manual landing gear crank, well once I found I couldn't manually crank down my gear I had to find something which led me to the fuse at the landing gear motor. I have one slide that does not seem to go out all the way, like I can lean against it and it will go out another inch or two, this seems kind of odd.

The last thing I would say, I bought mine over the internet and saved alot of money, in the end I'm not sure if it was worth it or not. Fortunately I have a heartland dealer in my hometown who does not sell Road Warrior and has worked on it the slide out seal.

By and large we really liike our unit and would reccommend one to somebody else, they seem to be well built and have great features. hopefully we'll get to use it shortly and throughout the summer.

Don

Mike Aplin

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for you and your family for joining the Heartland RV family. I am so glad to hear that you really enjoy your new Road Warrior. This is a brand new fifth wheel with a one year bumper to bumper warranty. I would like for you to call our customer service at 877-262-8032 and be ready to give them your last six digits of the VIN#. Please share with them any concerns that you may have and we will be ready and willing to help assist you and your family to the best of our abilities.
Take care and welcome to the family,
Mike

jimtoo

HI don46,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

As you can see, the factory does look at more than Ask The Factory forum. I met Mike Aplin a few weeks ago at the San Antonio RV show and he is a man of his word. The factory folks will do their best to take care of you and any problems you have. Just give them a little time and treat them like you would like to be treated and you will be a happy camper.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jellystone

Don, first off welcome to the Heartland family. You DID purchase a great unit in the Road Warrior. We bought ours last summer and use it often on camping trips. Our unit has been fantastic since day 1 (knock on wood) and has not spent one minute at the dealership for a repair (knock on wood, again). Your family will enjoy it this camping season.

don46

Justo to be clear, the only issue that I have is the manual crank, other than that my negatives are really personal issues and had I did my due diligence I would have known upfront what to expect.

maybe I have another with the slide, should it go all the way out? should one be able to lean on it and make it go out further? The other two slides go all the way so I'd assume it should as well.

Mike Aplin

Without seeing the slide room that you are speaking of, I would suggest to call our customer service or to make an appointment at your local Heartland dealer that you are using for your service/warranty. They will be able to evaluate the slide to make sure that everything is up to speed. Take care, Mike