Remote Control Door Locks

Yianni

I stumbled across this website for remote operated door locks. It seems there were a few people wondering if they could get the new keyless entry system so I thought this may be a good second. Install looks really easy but they are a little pricey.

http://hoglock.com/index.html

Yianni

Did you notice that there is no keyhole so if it fails you are up a creek.

This is from their website:

What if I loose my FOB or key? Our RVLock A-25 series lock comes with a FOB and 2 sets of keys giving you a spare in case they become lost. Additional FOBs and keys are available for purchase.

It says it comes with 2 keys. I'd still rather use the old fashioned method myself.

argyll1st

When I was in Camping world last year looking at 5th wheels the salesman had 3 keys ? he told me that with thode 3 keys he could open at least 85% of all keys !!!!!
He told me there was nothing special about them ,just 3 models of standard trailer lock keys.........................

2010augusta

I just ordered a key-less entry lock for our Landmark. same as above except the web-site is now www.rvlock.com and the lock do have a regular key too.
rv-white.gif

2010augusta

Got it installed today, work great and looks great.

check out the write up here:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Its-easy-and-works-great!?p=127340#post127340

kkamshop

We first saw this lock on Nabo's trailer at the Nashville rally, then ordered one at The Rally in Louisville. It is nice looking, works really well and a guy CANNOT have too many remotes! 2 thumbs up for RVLock!!

RoadJunkie

I told my wife about this system when I first noticed the post, but forgot about it. Yesterday she asked if I had ordered it yet. So, today I sent in my order. Keypad remote is still not available and "a couple of months" out...again.

Remote door locks RVlock

Saw an article in Trailer Life on page50 Jan issue. RVLOCK replaces the original door handle and lock .. with remote access.. anybody heard about it The website is www.rvlock.com.
Bull Whip Bob

Well I am new at this I just posted a question about the very lock. I guess every one is satisfies with it. Was it hard to install. and does the door close without :mad:slamming the door as advertised ?

2010augusta

Re: Remote door locks RVlock

Yep, Installed one this summer. Read about it here.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ck-Its-easy-and-works-great!?highlight=rvlock

2010augusta

Was it hard to install. and does the door close without :mad:slamming the door as advertised ?

Install was very easy, and the door shuts very easy too. I did spray all the moving parts with silicone spray.

read more here:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16596-Installed-the-Keyless-RVLock-Its-easy-and-works-great!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the JTGuardian RV keyless lock and really enjoy it. It took about an hour for hubby to install which fit right in the existing lock location on the BC. It came with 2 sets of keys which we have had to use once when the batteries went dead. I have read recently that JT has been sold to Lippert. Not sure if that true but it's a good product.

grampak

I usually dont like to say to much, but heres my two cents worth. The RV lock is VERY hard on batteries. I installed the unit this summer and after all the mods I did to the door I finally took it out yesterday and reinstalled the old lock. If someone would like to buy it , I would sell it cheap.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yes - we have it on our BC. Works great - enjoy watching everyone look at us as we punch the remote to get in. Only problem that we have found with the unit is that the batteries go pretty quickly. Luckily it also has a set of keys so you are never locked out.

kkamshop

We haven't noticed the battery drain problem with ours, we installed it this summer and it was still working in November when we removed the batteries for the winter.