Purchasing through Lakeshore Rv is simple and saves thousands!

dynaguy

We want to let all potential buyers know that our experience with Lakeshore rv in Muskegon Michigan has been a very pleasant . We shopped for months when lookgin for our new Cyclone and it can get very frustrating, we finally decided to make a deal on a new 2010 3950 and when it came time to hand over the deposit and then the final paperwork the whole deal was simple. At first is seemed like a hard thing to do over the phone but everything promised was as agreed and now were are ready for spring.
Thanks to Lakeshore rv and their staff for helping us fulfill our dreams!! Now its time to ride!!! let the ralleys begin.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
We too dealt with Lakeshore, and not only was the actual sale very easy, but the PDI was great and they were very patient with us newbies.

shriver63

Bought my new 2011 3850 for just over a thousand less than Lakeshore from my local dealer where I can get great service. My experience with Lakeshore was everytime I called was a different price and they kept wanting to sell me something on their lot. It was always buy this one on the lot and save thousands or buy now before the price increase. I don't think they wanted to order a new one for me. Just my experience

ihsolutions

I called Lakeshore for a price on my 2011 BH 3670RL. Their website guarantees the lowest price. I can second the comment about wanting me to buy a unit off their lot, because "those units were purchased in bulk to get the best pricing. If we order you one, we'll lose the volume discounts". Sounds like BS to me.

Anyway I found a price that was about $3k less than Lakeshore, and when I told Lakeshore the price I was quoted, he said there's no way to buy it that cheap, that it was below their cost, and I should go buy it... BUT be careful because that dealer likes to add some excessive $2700 cost at the time of delivery and you'll have no choice but to pay it if you want your rig.

I've gotten my price quote in writing that everything is included, specifically, propane, battery, PDI, sales tax, doc fees, etc.

I wasn't pleased by the run-around by Lakeshore, but I've heard other experiences, and that it just depends who you get on the phone.

gpshemi

There was a sales person there that's since left as I understand. He's name was Steve. I too had troubles with him. I think that might have been the source of some of the issues there. Lakeshore seems to be a decent place. I've purchased things there before. This time around I went with a sister dealer National RV Detroit. Great pricing, and nice enough people to deal with so far. I pick it up this weekend after a glitch in the factory carpet. Hope all goes as well as it's been going.

Keep in mind the best prices will be off the lot shriver. They have incentive to move what's on the lot since they have money tied up in it.

ihsolutions

Regarding National RV, I had a great experience with them at the past two shows... Jeff Shumway was my sales guy and I liked him because he didn't pull the usual dealer BS. However they do not sell BH, only Big Country. So he referred me to Lakeshore, but the guy I dealt with (John) as posted above was not helpful.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We bought from Lakeshore online sight unseen and had zero problems, no games were played. We shopped around for weeks and they beat local/ non local prices by around $7000. The unit was delivered 1250 miles for 75ct a mile (super deal).
The most local dealer in (Lubbock) advised me to not bring my unit to them for warrenty work if i didnt buy from them.

shriver63

We bought from Lakeshore online sight unseen and had zero problems, no games were played. We shopped around for weeks and they beat local/ non local prices by around $7000. The unit was delivered 1250 miles for 75ct a mile (super deal).
The most local dealer in (Lubbock) advised me to not bring my unit to them for warrenty work if i didnt buy from them.

So you gonna make that 1250 mile trip every time you need warranty work?

shriver63

There was a sales person there that's since left as I understand. He's name was Steve. I too had troubles with him. I think that might have been the source of some of the issues there. Lakeshore seems to be a decent place. I've purchased things there before. This time around I went with a sister dealer National RV Detroit. Great pricing, and nice enough people to deal with so far. I pick it up this weekend after a glitch in the factory carpet. Hope all goes as well as it's been going.

Keep in mind the best prices will be off the lot shriver. They have incentive to move what's on the lot since they have money tied up in it.

I bought from a Heartland dealer that just picked up the Cyclone line. They were looking to make a statement in the area with the Cyclone line of toyhaulers. There was none to choose from and I ordered mine 39% off MSRP

argyll1st

So it it normal for a dealer to refuse to do warranty work if the unit was not bought from them ? If thats the case then Heartland need to deal with them ! You are a Heartland dealer or your not ! the first dealer that refuses my warranty work will be ripped to shreds by me and heartland will have sore ears as well if it ever happened

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We never planned on using the dealer we bought it from for warrenty work. We had one warrenty issue and Heartland took care of it by us writing them a letter. A non Heartland dealer 3 miles from us has gladly help us also.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
It's true.....its a losing battle to fight the way they do business. I rather fight a battle I can win! Now if i was Scotish and in my 30's i'd roll up my sleeves.