Generator

mo11

Hello all, have been looking at the Husky line of gens. Is a 3650 watt sufficient to run my TT. I only have 1 AC and a micr/convection oven as the biggest draws?

Thanks

Northern Virginia
The only problem with the Husky type is noise. They tend to be very loud and not practical for campgrounds. For that reason the Honda, Yamaha, Boily,etc.- small, inverter type are so popular. They are very quiet, sip gas, are light weight- but over twice the cost of the Husky type.

Last edited:

mo11

Yeah, I read the dB rating for the Husky and it was 73dBA. I found a ETQ also put out by home depot and it was only 63dB?

Brute, why are the dealers recommending the honda 3000? Just asking I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

argyll1st

I think the word "Honda" says it all, I run a fleet of vehicles that all use small honda 5.5 , 6 & 9hp engines and they are used every day for 2/3 hrs a day for for years ansd years, I have on that 10yrs old and never even had a new spark plug ! it looks like sh*t but it just keeps running and running, thats why they recomend Honda..................

wdk450

A 3 decibel change in sound power is equal to DOUBLING the sound power. The 63 to 73 decibel change is about 10 times difference in sound power.

Yeah, I read the dB rating for the Husky and it was 73dBA. I found a ETQ also put out by home depot and it was only 63dB?

Brute, why are the dealers recommending the honda 3000? Just asking I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

BruteForce

I think the word "Honda" says it all, I run a fleet of vehicles that all use small honda 5.5 , 6 & 9hp engines and they are used every day for 2/3 hrs a day for for years ansd years, I have on that 10yrs old and never even had a new spark plug ! it looks like sh*t but it just keeps running and running, thats why they recomend Honda..................

As has been posted, reliability and noise. Most AC units require at least 4k to turnover, so keep that in mind. Additionally, there may be a time when you have the AC on and decide you also need to microwave some popcorn.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hello all, have been looking at the Husky line of gens. Is a 3650 watt sufficient to run my TT. I only have 1 AC and a micr/convection oven as the biggest draws?

Thanks
Be carefull on the ratings given... "Peak" power versis "Continuous". We had a ($400) PowerMaxx 4400watt peak-3500cont. and it would not run the AC and 1/2 oven. at once. It was 68 db and decided it was too loud for a campground.
The 3600 SI Boliy we now have runs AC + Oven and is 53-58 db. ($900)

argyll1st

We have adopted a new life message as we have got older "Buy cheap Buy Twice" You sometimes in life need to spend more than you want just to get what you need !

argyll1st

I think I kinda like the look of this unit as well ! has anyone used this unit ?it must be made in China, there is no mention of the engine type or other data, but that said I di like it ......A lot

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Says it 3200 watt on the link.....how would one get a $1799 + shipping cost for $1000 shipped free?

argyll1st

Good Question, end off line , "B" Grade , made in china , who knows but someone must have used one ? I am off to google for reviews

branson4020

Icantre Member
Their minimum order is 20 units - or maybe thats just if you want free shipping from Indonesia. Hard to understand since their english is so poor.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
here is the link to the genny I have. No complaints about it so far. It sets idle for a month at a time and starts on the 2nd pull. Quiet, light and cheap. I didn't do a lot of researh to see if there were any complaints on any blogs or whatever so see if you can dig up some dirt. Here's the link http://store.boliygenerator.com/

argyll1st

That looks like a nice little Geni, the website makes me think its from China mind you, I will snoop around and see if there any reviews online about them.

rjfrider

I agree with many who've said that a 3,000 won't cut it with A/C and other load at the same time. Even though some would check the power rating of the A/C motor, and then compare it to the power rating of the generator, an electric motor will draw up to 5 times rated watts upon startup of the A/C motor. That is why our A/C units trip the generator breakers. rider

boatdoc

The Boliy is a fine genny as is the Kipor 3500TI. I have both and either will run the 15K AC. The Kipor is a pinch quieter but 50 pounds heavier. The Kipor has electric start but the Boliy starts on the 2nd or third pull every time. I think they are about the same price now. I like them both.