Northtrail battery box install

currituck0209

Battery Box I installed on NorthTrail 28RLS, purchased at LOWES where truck tool boxes are located for $24. It holds 2 -- 12V batteries an a few other items.

Attachments

• BATTERY BOX 001..JPG
    BATTERY BOX 001..JPG
    722.3 KB · Views: 126
  • BATTERY BOX 002..JPG
    BATTERY BOX 002..JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Zonian

I like this box, esp. the price! I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it will be big enough for my one battery (noted your two any particular reason for the 2nd?) and storing the equalizer hitch.

currituck0209

Hey Les, I added two batteries when I installed the Electric jack on the tongue. I had to put a couple pieces of treated 2x4 under the box to get it over the angle iron. Also I purchased it at LOWE'S not Wal-Mart. Sorry.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Picked up the same storage box at Lowes the other day. In the process of hooking everything up, should finish up this weekend. Great Idea. Going to store my leveling blocks and wheel chocks.

X-Savior

Picked up the same storage box at Lowes the other day. In the process of hooking everything up, should finish up this weekend. Great Idea. Going to store my leveling blocks and wheel chocks.

Is there a brandname and model number for this box? I am trying to locate this box in Canada...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
X-Savior,

Contico SUV Tuff Bin/Utility Box
Item # 207123
$36.97

I also put several small holes under the outside handles. It works perfect to allow air to flow through due to the batteries, but it will not let any water in.

Jamie