Axle Recall - 2007 Sundance

RugRat

I was just contacted by Heartland and told they need to get the serial numbers off of my 07 Sundance to see if the axles are part of a recall. Has anyone else been contacted regarding a recall on the axles?

RugRat

Not sure. They contacted me and ask me to get the serial numbers off of the axle to see if mine would be included as part of an axle recall. No other information given.

RugRat

I spoke to them this morning and mine were not affected by the recall. It appears that some axles had problems with the welds.

lesjoy

We have a 2007 bighorn 3055 that has less than 3000 miles on it. Had an axle shear off and drop a wheel last week while travelling home on holidays,luckily we were pulling away from a stop sign at the time and not at highway speed. Would be interested in hearing from anyone with a similiar experience.Heartland was advised but have not mentioned any recalls of axles to us. Canadian dept of transport recall and defect division has started a file on our case.?any other occurances out there.

chiliS

Axle

We have a 2007 Bighorn that we purchased last June. In August of 2006 with around 2000 miles on it we lost a wheel coming out of Glacier Park. The axle was replaced but now I am discovering that the other axle is in the suspect group. We took the 5th wheel to the dealer today and they say that they havn't heard about the recall on the axels.
I will make some more phone calls tomorrow.
chiliS

zsa-zsa

sundance kid
I have not been contacted. I have o7 29rk, broke a spring on rear axle, the other day, returning to mich after being out west, thank god we were about 35 miles from home when it happened . I stop every 200 miles walk around rig ,check things out , noticed trailer was leaning on one side . Iam very greatful I noticed it or their might have been a different out come to this .. I got the trailer home safely, 25 mph . Contacted dealer .they say they have not.heard of any probems, that iam the first. that they will contact heartland. So thought i would check forum, low and behold here iam.. I wonder why DEALER does not know of any RECALLS. Iam concerned about the other 3 springs