Campgrounds around 1 hour south of Atlanta

Bobby A

Figured I would post this well in advance to get everyones input. Gonna start heading back north in 4 or 5 weeks was wondering if anyone recommends a campground off I 75 about an hour south of Atlanta ?? We used to stay in Forsyth GA that was somewhere about an hour south of Atlanta but that was not pulling the rig. I would be grateful to get your feedback on good safe campgrounds thats big rig friendly, again, about an hour south of Atlanta. I thank you all in advance.

Rmcgrath53

I like Red top mountain about 20 min north they have about 12 pull throuh sites if you call in advance you can get one. Its a nice state park.

Bobby A

I like Red top mountain about 20 min north they have about 12 pull throuh sites if you call in advance you can get one. Its a nice state park.

Looks real good, I checked their web site, thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for next fall coming back south. I really need recomendations for a nice campgrounds thats 1 hour south of Atlanta on or very close to I 75 so I can stragetically get through Atlanta the following day around 10AM . Thanks again

Last edited:

trvlrerik

I have stayed at the KOA in Cordell Ga. It is a very large rig freindly area as it is close to I-75 and a truck stop. For an overnight stay it is ok, due to its easy access. I would not reccomend it for an extended stay, the truckstop next door is kind of loud at night.

Bobby A

I have stayed at the KOA in Cordell Ga. It is a very large rig freindly area as it is close to I-75 and a truck stop. For an overnight stay it is ok, due to its easy access. I would not reccomend it for an extended stay, the truckstop next door is kind of loud at night.

Thanks for that info, I will check their web site, I welcome all other input in regards to campgrounds about 1 hour south of Atlanta. Thanks everyone

Rmcgrath53

I sure understand your plan to avoid all that Atlanta traffic. We have been stuck in it ourselves

Bobby A

There is a KOA in Forsyth, but my choice for overnight would be L & D RV Park just off I-75 at the Highway 18 exit. Their phone is 478-994-8977 or ldrv@bellsouth.net.

Its funny you mentioned that, I stumpled upon that web site last night, it looks as though its a couple miles from the interstate is that correct ?? Thanks

Gator

Its funny you mentioned that, I stumpled upon that web site last night, it looks as though its a couple miles from the interstate is that correct ?? Thanks[/QUOT

No more than that. I had a friend who stayed there for about 6 months some years ago while on a job here and my son-in-law's family uses it during deer season. I visited my buddy while he was there, but it was longer ago than my memory. It is basically a privately owned campground behind the owners house. It has been there as long as I can remember. You can easily get to Atlanta in an hour from Forsyth, but it will take a little more time to get through. I have pulled my camper through Atlanta during a heavy rainstorm when I-75 was basically a long parking lot. You just never know how it will be around Atlanta.

High Falls State Park is really nice, and would be a nice break after you get out of the craziness of Atlanta traffic! We have tent camped there before we bought the Edge...and noticed there was lots of room for trailers. Good luck and safe travels!

Bobby A

High Falls State Park is really nice, and would be a nice break after you get out of the craziness of Atlanta traffic! We have tent camped there before we bought the Edge...and noticed there was lots of room for trailers. Good luck and safe travels!

Thank you, safe travels as well

Looks real good, I checked their web site, thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for next fall coming back south. I really need recomendations for a nice campgrounds thats 1 hour south of Atlanta on or very close to I 75 so I can stragetically get through Atlanta the following day around 10AM . Thanks again

Try High Falls State Park - We like it and it about where you'd like to be.