lmac

Where is vent in waste holding tank? We are experiencing bubbles (some
quite volitile) every time we flush. Our documentation does not include
any info on this problem. We think there must be a clog in the vent from
the waste holding tank, but can't find the vent.:confused:

jbeletti

lmac,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

What Heartland model and floor plan do you own? From that information, another member/owner may be able to assist you. If not, we can move this thread to the "Ask The Factory" forum.

Thanks,

Jim

J

Jeff

Bubbles?

Hi Imac:

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried using the Black Water Flush valve in the Docking Station. The Tank will have to be empty first, then hook up the fresh water hose to the flush valve and turn the water on. This may help to loosen anything that may be stuck in the tank and will check to see if your Vent tube is blocked as well.

From being at the Factory, the Vent for the toilet is behind the wall, behind the entry door closet.

Where are you getting bubbles at anyway? In the comode itself or other parts of the plumbing in the trailer?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Also, if you have time, post a picture of your rig too!

Welcome aboard.

Talk to you soon.

Jeff

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Imac
A quick and simple fix may be to run some compressed air DOWN through the vent from the roof. Good Luck
Phil

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Imac,
The vent for the toilet should extend up through the roof. you need to pull the cap to check and make sure no bees or other insects have built a nest in there. I had water bubbling up into my toilet, usually after using it for a couple of days. I found out that the valve for the holding tank was leaking. The water was draining and leaving the crap in the tank which hardened. After using the toilet the fresh paper and stuff would pile up on the dry stuff and block the pipe going into the tank. Please make sure this is not your problem, as the tank than leaked at the top seal and wet all the insulation and under belly of the trailer. It took my repairman a day to find the problem and a second day to put everything back together. Good Luck.

P.S. Walmart sells a product in the auto department called 'Oragne Blast'. Put about two quarts in the tank along with a couple bags of ice, drive around for about five miles than dump your tank. This may take two or three attempts but it worked to clear my tank and it helps the odor also, now it has a nice orange scent. You can use this product after every dump to help keep you tank clean. It is biodegradable.

Glenn

pilot4rc

Drain problem in toilet

This is likely way too late for this thread but I had the same problem with a Cardinal. The problem was solid waste was collecting at the bottom of the drain pipe as it leads into the waste tank. This was restricting the flow of bowl water as it tried to get to the tank. The result was an air bubble at the top of the toilet. The answer was to add at least 1/4 tank of water to the black waste tank and add your chemicals. This will prevent the solid waste from staying at the entrance.