Range hood bug screen?

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I see that Camco has a bug screen for the range hood (part no. 42147). I states that in fits most RV vent covers. The one they show looks like a flat louver cover not the flapper type that BH has. Has anybody seen or installed one of these covers?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Why would you want a bug screen for the vent. If there is no air going out the flap is closed. If it is open air is going out and it might be difficult to fight the out going air. If you think it would let bugs in when your not using it lock it down with the little twist tabs.

I wish there was a device to hold it closed on a windy day so it will stay closed.

BC

Wharton

With some playing around you can put magnetic strips on the flap. This will hold it down. You need to play around with the amount of strength of the strip, we just keep putting tape on top of the strip until the strip releases when we turn on the fan for the range.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
BC. I would add the screen to keep muddobber from building nest between the flap and the cover. When they do the flap won't open, and I don't like messing with muddobbers.