Sundance 3300 RLB Turn Lights

RhettM

The Right turn lite in my brand new RLB blows the fuse in my truck every time. Has anyone else had any issues like this. The Coach is under warranty.

jimtoo

Hi RhettM,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help when needed.

Sorry your having problems with your T/S. Was it working OK when you picked up the unit and did the PDI? If it was, has it been setting at your place for a while and now it blows the fuse? My guess is if it did work and has been setting, even for a few days, you might have some uninvited guest maybe visiting and making a nest somewhere. If it was working when you left your dealer and then started blowing the fuse on the way home, then I would think you have a wiring problem somewhere. Did the dealer install the connector plug or is it one that has been in use?

Enjoy the forum and let us know what you find. I'm sure some others will give some ideas also.

Jim M

argyll1st

Hi there, real sorry to hear about your niggle with the Sundance, apart from the turn signal was everything else ok with the RLB, I ask because we just bought a new 3300RLB and have still to collect it , we pick our up in 12 days time. If it blows the fuse as soon as you stick the signal on then you have a dead short, check the plug & socket first. Good luck

SmokeyBare

Might be a good start to remove the right turn signal bulb, looking closely at the socket. With the bulb removed, test to see if it still shorts out the fuse.

Next test might be in the truck plug area. Looking for any fray to the wires. Use a Volt meter to test each connection.

Good Luck !

Marv

RhettM

Everyone,

Thanks for the help, the bulb was not correctly installed into the socket, with one of the socket pins pushed against the outside ground. I am very glad it was an easy fix. I just picked up the last Friday from the dealer. Its my first "new" 5th wheel. So far, I have only pulled it 10 miles. However we have already spent hours in it in the driveway. Mostly ensuring everything works as it should. So far, we really like it. the kids love the loft.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Sounds like a very small issue...don't be too concerned. You may only need of a HeavyDuty towing type blinker- towing fuse in your truck.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rhett, it always helps to know what year and make of truck you have. The people with that type of truck might know where the problem lies. The newer trucks have a seperate fuse for the trailer lites..they are not tied into the truck lites. Bob