Dump valves

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I am having problems with the valve that controls the gray tank for the kitchen. The valve will not close. Does anyone recall how to adjust the valves so they work properly? I remember seeing some where but with the new pages I am unable to locate.

Thanks for your help, Butch

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Butch, you probably have a cable problem. You need to drop the underbelly cover and look. Most likely the outer cable housing/ cover pulled loose from the handle assembly. Mine did, you can replace the cable or take it out and recrimp the outer housing back in place. I did mine in a vise...but gently...dont crimp it TOO much. Test it by pulling on it before you reinstall it. Thats what I did and it works fine. BTW, before you recrimp it ...pull the cable out and grease it good. Bob

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Thanks for the help I have forgot about the post and I have had another valve go bad. Do you just pull the Shiite off and grease the wire and re-plce the Shiite??

Thanks again Butch

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Butch, yes you do. The handle with the inner cable will pull out of the metal cover. If you are taking 2 of them out...do all 3 at the same time. Why have to remove the underbelly 2 times. OH YEA, make sure that you put the nut that holds the handle assembly to the frame on before you reconnect the cable to the valve. Dont ask how I know this. Bob

ChopperBill

I read a good fix by some one of these threads, cant remember who though. First take enough belly cover off to reach the valve handles. Cut off a piece of all thread or the threads off a bolt and get 2 hose small hose clamps. Push the outer cable housing back into the handle. Put the piece of all thread that you cut off and put it length way on top of the cable housing and the handle housing. Put two hose clamps on each end of the all thread and tighten them up so it clamps the cable so it cant move in the handle housing. Yet to do it to mine but it looks like a great fix and beats the heck out off taking a bunch of under belly off. I actually forgot mine was broke and haven't done it yet. My cure was to take the nut off the handle that holds it to the frame and just pushed the assembly into the docking station and I held the cable housing from out side instead of laying on my back to do it.