Office in BH 3670

Wharton

Would some of you please post some pictures and ideas about creating an "office" in a 5th wheel. I know there is a desk but where/how do you put the printer and files plus all the other "office" stuff.

Not having the rig yet(BH 3670) I am thinking about putting in 2 slides out shelves under the desk for the laptop and the printer. Not sure if I really need a slide for the printer but when doing 1 might as well do 2.

I spend a fair amount of time on the laptop with my photography and need something reasonably functional.

Is there a plug under the desk?

Any other ideas would be appreciated...............

Thanks

Niles

The desk in our 3670 is not the biggest, however we have made it work for us. We set our printer in the corner above the fireplace. We do have plugs under the desk, might want to get a surge strip though, not that many outlets. I had our home tower in there and the tower was under the desk, it was a little cramped when setting there. With a laptop I don't think it would be near as bad. The slide out for a keyboard would be a big plus, and if you need the desktop space, I think I would go wireless on the printer and place it elsewhere. Hope that helps a little.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My wife still does accounting services for a couple of her clients. She uses the dining table for her laptop and the printer is under the television on a stand. I want to go wireless so we can both print from the same printer soon. My "office" is in my recliner.

wdk450

Wharton:
We use a laptop and a multifunction HP inkjet that has a small footprint, and folds up the paper trays (HP Officejet J3680 - I found it on sale at Staples for only $49 one week - less than 1/2 of list price). They both travel from home to the trailer when we load up. I added a mounted plugstrip next to the outlet under the desktop. Having the printer/copier for printing out details of local places we want to visit, recipies off the internet, maps, etc has been a real convienience on the road.
We use an expandsion shower bar from Walmart to make sure the printer doesn't come off the desk during travel, and (after a bad experience) make sure that the laptop is on the floor by the chair.

boatdoc

After some long thought on this very subject as we sat in our recliners we decided that the folding shelve on the backside of the kitchen peninsula would be great. Then the wife thought why not put another one lower and use it for the computer extras. I have not built the lower one yet but the upper one is a great add on. The lower one will be good also and when/if we do need the top shelf for extra dining guests she will just move the computer extras temporary over to the desktop and drop the lower shelf for the leg room.

Wharton

All these great ideas!!! I had thought about a wireless printer but ours is only 2 years old and was cheap. Can't rationalize upgrading yet. Probably could buy some part to make it wireless but that may be a non-starter due to price also. Great ideas everyone and thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't use mine as an office, but here's how I set up my laptop and printer. The black box is what was an "entertainment center" for our TT (small TV sat on top and VCR underneath on counter top). The basket holds a pack of paper and some other small accessories. In the cabinet below, I've got an extra photo printer that I repaired after replacing it for the wife's home computer. With a 3670, you could put a small file cabinet, like a two drawer next to the kitchen counter in front of the cabinet. Unless you've got the fireplace option in there. In ours, I put a tall cat post there when the diablo's are with us.
View attachment 7226