Digital thermostat

ChopperBill

Do the "11" Bighorns come with a digital thermostat now? The new literature shows one in an inset but some on line tours still show the old thermostat in the videos.

K

Kevin_Finn

We do not use digital thermostats in the Bighorn or Landmark at this time.

ChopperBill

Thanks Kevin! What is that digital thermostat shown in the center section of the new literature? :confused: Guess I will have to add to my list of robbed items before trade it. ;)

nemo45

They do use a digital thermostat on the optional A/C in the bedroom. Why there and not on the main one I cannot figure out. I installed my own digital (Hunter) in mine , it works great.

ralphpam

I replaced mine with the Hunter programmable thermostat which is nice as it can be programmed to go down at night and come on in the morning to wake up to a warm coach. The AC can be programmed also. Unless you install a separate switch switch the AC will only have high speed.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have heard you cannot use the digital thermostat with the Dometic AC Unit. Is that true?

ChopperBill

We have a digital duo therm on ours. I noticed they now have them on some of the new
models.

Jaime

Ours came off the line 04/09/10, just arrived. No digital thermostat. Good, cause I bought one and put in the toggle and its sitting on my bench waiting for installation. Decided to leave the digital in the 3055 cause I am such a nice guy! :angel:

jgallego

It was in a new Big Country that Ron Hoover was showing at the South Texas Chapter Rally in Rayford Crossing. I noticed it was back in the bedroom.

Jaime

Wharton

I would just buy the Hunter for $20-$25. Based on my experience with Dometic pricing for a shelf for the freeze($50(shelf)+$30(shipping)) it would probably by $100 and the Hunter would be better quality.

RoadJunkie

If you're talking about the digital thermostat that comes with the second air conditioner, it will not work with the heater/air conditioner in the living area. The Dometic digital thermostat uses a data cable as opposed to the colored wiring scheme. I talked to a couple of different people at the Dometic factory and they both had the same answer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for the info. I have been waiting to change ours out and now I will try it.