Under bed storage

DXprowler

While checking the to see if the electrical wires under the bed where rubbing I botched up the wood cover trying to put it back so decided to cut it down. I've seen others on here who have come up with interesting ways to do this so I guess I started a new project! The right side has a steel beam there so I can't use both sides. Thinking about how to box the opening in I lucked out and come up with an easy solution. All I had to do was cut off the handles on the 2 Rubbermaid containers and push them into the hole. Fit perfectly and the outside edge is supported by the original frame.

Attachments

• ubed..jpg
    ubed..jpg
    66 KB · Views: 264
  • ubed2..jpg
    ubed2..jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 230

jonesj2

That is a great idea. We have things stored under the bed but no storage containers I am going to have to rethink storage.

SilverRhino

Bill;

Nice simple solution! I usually end up over-thinking everything....making more work for myself than is required. Simple is best!!

Travel Safe!

jimtoo

Thanks for the idea Bill, It works really good. Well it would have been a little better if the frame the plant put together would have been square. But it was no big deal. Made it work. Now I have a place to hide some more of my stuff. :D

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gosh - that really looks good. Thanks for the pics - it makes it so much easier to understand what you did.

Northern Virginia
Ditto the awesome idea! I will be doing the same thing as soon as we take ours out of storage. That has to be one of the best storage ideas I have seen on this forum.

John

DXprowler

Tnx for all the Kudos but it was by no ingenious method that I came up with this, just plan old trial by error! ;) It was botching up the plywood that really got me started. I had to cut it down, so now what to do next? Make a box or find bins that would slide on the carpet as I've seen others do? Well I had these Rubbermaid bins in the garage that I used in the previous trailer. Probably walked by them about a 100 times and then got looking at them and thinking that the size is about right and they could hang on the frame IF they fit. Sure enough they did, but if it was out by a few inches, I'm sure the 2x2 could be easily be moved.

What I also like about the bins is that they're light. I don't plan on putting anything heavy in them, like Amateur Radio's, camera's and tripods, probably just extra bedding, linens, etc. I don't want to put too much stress on the hydraulic pump! Just a thing I have from past experience with the previous trailer. Those slides where loaded to the gills which may have been part of the cause for a pump failure!

BruteForce

We were (are) puzzled by the fact that our RW395 has no storage under the bed; it's just a flat, screwed in sheet of plywood. Anybody with a RoadWarrior 395 know if there's accessible space underneath to do the same sort of thing to gain some additional storage space?