new camper

RPJ

Hi, Everyone.

I,m new to this site and have a question but I don't know my way around the site very well yet and I don't know if this is the right spot to be asking a question. I'm going to. My family and I just bought a new 28 brs t.t. and are picking it up today is there any one that could give me advice on what to look for in the walk through? so where I might find the answers. thank you

rpj.

argyll1st

Hi there and welcome, I too am a "newby" to the forum but my advice would be to send the salesman away so you can view and inspect your new camper without distraction, salesmen and service staff always try to engage you in conversation and distract your train of thought, Send them back to there desks and take your time, dont be affraid to have a tug or pull at anything that looks loose or badly fitted, better it falls of in the dealers than one your first trip..........................enjoy

lhetsler

Make sure water is connected and electriic and try everything. Look in the storage areas where plumbing may be exposed. Take any covers off. Take a small tool kit with you and a good flashlight. Take a couple of hours and again try everything.

goodtruck

there was a check list in our hartland owners package and it was a big help. So ask for the owners package be for you start and take a little time to look it over.Like was said before try EVERYTHING twice and if you have any questions have them answered by your dealer or a hartland rep before you sign off on it.
Welcome to the group hope you love your unit as much as we love ours.

truknutt

Committed Member
Congrats on your new rig! Here is a link to a PDI list I used when we picked up our Cyclone 3210... JPMORGAN PDI LIST

Take a DVD and/or CD to check out your Entertainment systems.
If there is a 12 volt receptacle have a way to try that out,
Have a small 110 volt device to try out each outlet (exterior, basement)
Ensure the ceiling fans are operational
Light the stove & oven
Even if the water heater is drained, fill it and run it.
Have them explain the by-pass valves (ours has 3)
Run both water systems; city & water pump/tank
We have a 2 piece shower stall; check seam for leaks
Not sure your reefer type but have them explain its operation both electric and gas
Have them explain the LP regulator setup
water pipe connections

These were our problem areas.

Above all don't let the dealer lead YOU through the inspection...with the PDI checklist inhand YOU lead therefore you won't miss anything.

Good luck and enjoy!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Personally, I would want to have a service tech with me as I went through everything on the rig, especially if this were my first camper. Although I was not a "newbie" when we did our PDI, I had the tech with me and he was very thorough and conscientious in making sure I understood everything and we both operated all devices. He was the one that found the dining table was damaged and took care of getting the replacement ordered. As I found minor things that needed adjustment, he noted them and had them all taken care of while we did the final paperwork.

GETnBYE

Congrats.

**Pack a lunch (not kidding), and they will know you mean to check everything out. Have lunch outside and just look over ever inch of it. If possible, plan to take it home the next day so they can fix what is not right.
Run the water in the sinks and shower for a while, not just turn on and off again. I would suggest you take the sprayer handle in the shower and run the water down the sides of the glass, then have a seat and wait to see if any water comes creeping out the under side of the glass enclosure. It's an easy fix with silicone, but you want to know now rather than later. I think the sinks sometimes have a slow leak and just turn on and off won't show anything to you. They will tell you they already had the water on and it was all fine......bet u 5 bucks they do. Make them turn it back on. or just grab your picnic and tell them you can wait till they get a hose, cause they won't have one handy.
Go SLOW.
Nita