diameter of wheel hub,(hole in the center of wheel)

Bobby A

Not sure to post this hear or in tires, moderators move it as you see fit.
I heard so much about balanceing the tires so I checked into it today at a local tire shop hear in Fl. He told me that as long as the center hole in the rim is 5 inches or less his machine is capable of balanceing the tires. I have a 2010 3580 with 7K axles and the goodyear G614 tires, I just wanna get them balanced before our journey back north in a few weeks. Does anyone know the exact size of the hole in the center of the wheel/rim ?? I didn't realize this was gonna be a major ordeal. Is standard weight balanceing exceptable ?? Now that we are on this subject, how bout rotating ?? how do you rotate trailer tires ?? from what to what ??? I know I got alot of ??? but I would appreciate answers PLEASE !!!
Thank you

jnbhobe

You won't have any problem getting your tires balanced at a good tire shop. They also should have an adapter to bolt on the wheels to the machine. this centers the wheel to the wheel stud holes. JON

lwmcguir

Not sure to post this hear or in tires, moderators move it as you see fit.
I heard so much about balanceing the tires so I checked into it today at a local tire shop hear in Fl. He told me that as long as the center hole in the rim is 5 inches or less his machine is capable of balanceing the tires. I have a 2010 3580 with 7K axles and the goodyear G614 tires, I just wanna get them balanced before our journey back north in a few weeks. Does anyone know the exact size of the hole in the center of the wheel/rim ?? I didn't realize this was gonna be a major ordeal. Is standard weight balanceing exceptable ?? Now that we are on this subject, how bout rotating ?? how do you rotate trailer tires ?? from what to what ??? I know I got alot of ??? but I would appreciate answers PLEASE !!!
Thank you

If your trailer tires ever look like they need rotated, you most likely will have a bent axle or a wheel bearing going out. No need to rotate them until you have 20K or more on the tires. Most folks have theirs weather out first.