Tinted Windows on Truck

navyAZ1

Don't know if this is the correct area to post this, but we just bought a used 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually with low mileage. The previous owner had extra tint added to the back window and the back door windows, it is so dark you can't see out of it at all "I hate it". Does anyone know how complicated it would be to remove this extra tint film? I went to a tint shop and they want $100 to remove it is it all that hard to remove? One thing about this truck we are no longer over loaded like we were with our 2500HD.

Thanks,

Ron

jimtoo

Hi Ron,

Sounds like the Lemo tint,,, really dark. I would just use regular razor scraper and remove the tint. Then clean with a good Windex or some kind of strong cleaner. Can't be that bad.

I am going to move thread to towing rig area also.

Jim M

2010augusta

Ghia makes a great spray on tint remover. I used it to clean the tine off all five windows on my old 350 took about 2 hours total with a razor scraper. check your local auto parts store for the spray.

navyAZ1

Thanks for all the info, I did find the web site that tells you "how to" but I got-a-tell-ya I'm not sure I want to get into all that mess. I found a tint shop in town near here who said they would remove it for $75, so I think I'll leave it to the pros. And yes, I would rather the truck be a little warmer on sunny days and be able to see, that's the more important issue for my "old eyes".

Thanks,

Ron