Quick BH 3670RL build time!

ihsolutions

On Feb 20 I ordered my Big Horn 3670RL. I was told it would probably go into production mid April and be ready to pick up at the dealer mid to late April, which was perfect.

Today I found out it is going online March 18th and will be done March 23. Ready to pick up the Friday of that week! Wow, that's fast. Now I'm scrambling to get things together in time.

I guess this means I will be camping over the Easter break, which is an added bonus!

boatdoc

Good for you!!!! You aren't going to like that big ol' 3670 NOTTTTT!! Wait till you get that monster behind you, they're huge but very nice and we love ours.
Have fun.

boatdoc

And by the way, you're not camping anymore with a Heartland, you're RVing and in real style!!!!

ihsolutions

Yes, we are a little concerned about the size, coming from a smaller (33') fifth wheel. The Big Horn has big shoes to fill, as it replaces a 2005 Sunline fifth wheel of exceptional quality. My expectations are high.

I spoke with the dealer, RVCW of Elkhart (Great Lakes RV) and was told they have a campground on-site where I can stay for a night or two and make sure everything's working properly. I intend to do so. I'm wondering what to expect at this CG, if anyone has been there and can comment I would appreciate it!

jbeletti

They use their service center, Great Lakes RV Service Center to do the PDIs and deliveries. They have several sites in a parking lot behind their facility. They have power and water. This is more a parking lot and less a campground - but it's very convenient to those taking deliveries or getting repairs while they live in their unit.

Maybe TXBobcat, Smokeybear and others who have stayed here can weigh in.

Jim

SmokeyBare

Jeff,

Yes RV Capital has a lot behind their repair building that serves as a place to park the RV's waiting to be taken in for service as well as a row along the left side that have electric to connect too. I'm scratching my head trying to remember if there was a sewer connections, I think they do but... sorry... that information from my head must have been put in the Recycle Bin.

There was a Full Timer there who would do transport for the Great Lakes RV. I'm pretty sure he is still there. Not to worry about the movement of RV's in the rear lot though, those guys are masters at using a fork lift as they jockey the Fifth Wheels around. Employees are very helpful answering questions should some pop up as your testing all the the RV's components.

Be aware, this isn't a real Campground, but for sure it will do for what you'll need... testing your RV, making sure all things are in working order. Once you have tested things, you might want to spend a day or two at either Goshen's Fair Grounds, which have a very nice RV Park... or at Elkhart RV Park, which on the north edge of Elkhart and close to the Interstate.

Good Luck !!

Cimriver

Good news for you. Mine is not as good. We ordered our Elkridge in mid January. I still don't know when I will get it. It's not so much that I think this is an excessive amount of time to build an RV, but rather that I was told last week of February when I ordered it. It's pushing mid-March and I still don't know when it will be delivered.