Bighorn 3055 Kitchen shelf Bracket

DavidIley

We have a Bighorn 3055 and have had to replace the shelf bracket twice on the side closest to the kitchen. We think the shelf is too heavy for the bracket and when travelling the bracket breaks because of stress when bouncing down the road. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a solution or a suggestion of where we can buy heavier duty brackets?

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We have had a 3055 for 3 years and towed it about 11,000 miles. Not sure by your post what shelf bracket you are refering to but I have not had any problems with any shelf bracket.

Clark

Our bracket sheared through near the top, simply stress of the weight of the shelf. I got a new one from Heartland for a reasonable cost, but am sure that it will do the same thing. The metal does not appear to be heavy enough to support the weight of the shelf during towing. Heartland should take a look at this on future designs and see if they can beef up the bracket.

I assume the shelf you refer to is the counter-top extension. Ours broke last week for the first time, after 3 years and 14,000 miles. I blamed it on the lousy roads in California. Both brackets broke at the same time. Replaced them today with a $19. pair that is the same fit and function as the originals. I assume they are the same quality. I haven't a fix for any extra support while traveling so we will see what happens in another 3 years. Maybe I need to cut down on those California trips.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We broke one after a drive on an ugly road. Yep, it was California. We were still under warranty at the time. That was almost 2 years ago. We ordered a spare set when they fixed that one, so will probably never break another. I wonder if you could get a short shower tension rod and put it under the bottom to relieve some of the stress? It hasn't broken again, but I do think about it when we hit some of the craters in I-5.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Deb, craters?? On I-5...nah. There not craters, they are bigger than the hole from a 16" shell from a battleship makes. Bob