What does a 3795 REALLY weigh?

chanster

saw the 3795 at an rv show this weekend, and really liked it. i had been thinking about a raptor until i saw this rig. factory lit shows that the 3795 has a dry weight of 11950, but i imagine that is stripped down (no gen, 1 ac, etc). has anyone here but their 3795 on a scale? if so, i would love to hear what the weight was, what options you had, and what other stuff you had on board when it was weighed.

thanks

chan

Loco

3795 weight

Chan,
We have 07 Cyclone FullThrottle. We love it. We have had a few things wrongmbut thats will be true with all of them. Our trailer weigh in @ 12,230 empty. We pull ours with a 2006 Ford F-350 DW 4x4 Four door Power stroke. We went on our first trip and put the whole rig on the scales fully loaded with four people in the truck Two adults two kids Dog,cat, Harleys in the back,all our camping gear, everything for a week long trip. The whole rig weighed in at 24,420 Lbs

Attachments

• Chucks45 215.jpg
    Chucks45 215.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Wis trip 145.jpg
    Wis trip 145.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 54
  • Wis trip 147.jpg
    Wis trip 147.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Brents room pics 002.jpg
    Brents room pics 002.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Brents room pics 001.jpg
    Brents room pics 001.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

chanster

thanks for the info, loco, that is what i am looking for. i guess you are pushing the weight limits for your truck, but i don't mind being a little overweight. what options do you have on the trailer? ie second air, electric bunks in the garage, genny, etc.

i would like to avoid a dually truck (it will do double duty as my around-town driver), but it looks like i will need one for a big toyhauler...

2 Cats

Weight

Ours crossed the scales @ 22600#
We weighted it on a trip north with Water,Gas,Propane Tanks all full. Plus 2-300 Quads in the Back. We have a Gennie.1-A/C Plus all our other things for 3 Days in the boondocks 3 Adults in the truck with full fuel.
2 Cats

Loco

Tow truck

Chan,
You can pull it with single rear wheels as you can see some of the guys here have them with air bags added. But our F-350 dual 4X4 has the Tow package 4.30 rear end and is rated at alittle over 25,000 lbs pulling limit. This truck pulls it great and we get about 10MPG @ 70 MPH in Hot weather. It get alittle better in cool weather about 12 GPM @70 and I always put one full quart of diesel Keen in the sliver bottle in every tank when we are pulling and it does help our mileage. I having been driving Fire trucks for 28 years and drove a tractor trailer for 4 years back in the late 70's. If I had to pull one of these rigs alot and on long trips. Like in the moutains I would not pull it with any things less than F-350 DW or GM 3500 DW Diesel. We have talked about in the next 2 years or so buying a F-550 or 650 four door 4X4 with a custom rear bed. As for our rig it has Gen set one Ac the rest is standard equipment. But we carry two harleys at times and they weigh in at 615lbs each. We also have the rig load with folding chairs,coleman grill,out door carpet for putting on the ground,all our house wears (glasses,cups,plates,ect) bug lights, two big ice chest full of beer and drinks. You know all the camping things you need and more. We have been taking some things off we never use.

chanster

loco and 2cats, thanks for the info. the more i read, the more i am convinced that if i want a big toyhauler, then i am best served with a dually. at least the prices are coming down...i am seeing some late model low mileage units at pretty good deals. i guess gas prices are putting the pinch on them.

i will be traveling a little lighter than you...my bikes (suzuki v-stroms) are only about 450 apeice, and it will just be me and the wife. no kids, and the cat stays home! of course, i am sure we will carry way more junk than we need...

so, i guess if i buy a dually, i can kind of justify putting a miata in the driveway for a run-around-town car!

Luckyhat12

When I picked up my unit I took it directly to the scales about 2 miles from the dealer and I was right at 14k off the lot. My truck is a SRW 3500 and it wanted some air bags under it to help push some weight back over the front wheels.

The truck weighs 7540 full of fuel with me in it the first time I weighed a couple months before and I grossed at 21,620 with the camper behind it. I added the 5th wheel rails and a couple of accessories between the time I initially weighed and the time I had the camper behind it but that will give you a pretty good idea of what is going on with the campers.

I have 2 A/C's, W/D prep, gel coat, generator, fuel station, and a stand alone table and chairs. I don't know if any of that makes a real difference but that lets you know what I have on it.

I do not know how much water the dealer put in the tank nor how much fuel was in the fuel station. I know that the gray and black tanks were empty so the only water was in the fresh tank and the fuel had1/4 tank or so.

Luckyhat12

I just weighed fully loaded with my bikes in the back and some water in the tanks for the parking lot camping until I got to where I was heading. I crossed the scales at 25,000lbs even truck and trailer so that means that the trailer weighed 17,360 based on my previous unloaded truck weight.

Just my setup.

Hey everyone my husband and I are looking to buy the Cyclone 3914 because of the 14' garage. We have a Raptor 3812 right now. We have been hearing things though about trucks not being able to pull the 3914 and it being heavier than what is stated. Can anyone give us any advice? How do these rigs pull? Anyone have the 3914? We have an 08 Dodge Ram 1 Ton Diesel.

Heidi

08 Cyclone 3914??
08 Dodge Ram 1 Ton Diesel
2 350 Yamaha Warriors
1 Eton 50
1 Polaris 50
Joyner 650 Dune Buggy

Luckyhat12

Dually or single rear wheel?

It will move it. It needs to have a good brake controller and an exhaust brake to stop it.

I recommend an air ride hitch as well. Takes a lot of stress off the truck.