First Trip & Drving Lessons

CRLYHDS

Hi;

Thanks to everyone who has helped us on our adventure with our first 5th wheel. We finally are using the trailer and are camping at a RV resort in San Diego. Our only challenge is we forgot the remote control for the tv and can only receive on TV station.

We have enrolled in a private lessons for Dan and I with RV Driving School. After the first day of practicing right and left turns, we totally confident. John drove us around El Cajon and Lakeside on city streets and the great news is we can turn now safely. Tomorrow's agenda is backing up. I totally recommend the class to any newbie, the website is www.rvschool.com. They have instructors all over the country. Now if you see us on the road, you won't have to panic.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Glad you are gaining confidence with the trailer. That is the best way enjoy the overall RV experience-arriving at your destination "not frazzled"!

argyll1st

RV School ? now we are talking ! i think I will make some enquires into this, I sat my truck driveing exams last year and before I did the training I would have said there was nothing new to learn about being behind the wheel but after 10 days training I now no 100% more than I did before hand so a couple of days RV school could only make me (and anyone else) a better & safer driver.Doyou no If it would reduce your insurance premium ?

CRLYHDS

I'm checking into the insurance discount. I think it depends on your insurance carrier.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

wdk450

Re: Missing Remote
You might try looking at universal remotes at WalMart or other stores. You can do a search on EBay and get the exact same remote.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We took the Dick Reed's Driving Course a few years ago. Jerry was our instructor. It was a two day course. Both of us drove. This was in 2007.

If you have the time and money to take the driving course I would strongly suggest it. We took the course mainly so DW would know how to drive pulling the triler and be confident while doing it. Like many ladies she was intemidated by pulling the trailer. Pat actually did better in th course than I did. Jerry taught me a lot of things I did not know. One thing I had a problem with is I backed to fast. They stress SLOW. Gave a lot of hints as when to start bending your trailer to back in. They also taught how to make as close to a 90* turn as you can. Very intresting.

Has anyone taken this course and had Jerry as an instructor.

BC

Anyone want to see my certificate? Hee Hee.. Huhhhh Huhhhh (sounds like Goofey).

I took the Dick Reev's driving school many years ago for driving a 40' mohome. Now that it's gone, and I have 08 40' Cyclone now. Been thinking of doing it all over again.