Horrible Dealer Experience.....STILL

circusbear

Hey all,
Back in October , we took our BC to our dealer to have some warrenty work done. We were called to come and pick it up two weeks later. When we arrived only one repair had been done and they had damaged the unit. They said they would repair the damages and repair the outstanding items. They called again in Dec. and told us the unit had been repaied and was ready to pick-up. We drove the two hours one way to get the trailer. When we went to hook up, I started to check the repairs and found that they were not complete or they had put on band-aid repairs instead of fixing them correctly. I was furious and they offered to store the trailer for free while they finished the repairs. I reluctantly agreed.
So about the first of Feb. , I contacted the service dept. I was told that she didn't know what the status of the trailer was and she would call me back. I waited two weeks and called back only to be told the same thing. I waited two more weeks, called again - same thing. SO this week I called again and was told that the trailer was done but they weren't going to fix one of the problems although it is covered under the warrenty. I was so ***** that they waited from October to March before telling me about this new development.
So my question to you all is am I being ***** around by these guys, have I given them enough chances to fix it right, and should I pull the trailer out and have another dearler fix it(120 miles away)???? PLEASE HELP- Circusbear

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverRhino

Sounds like their service is definitely below par.....exactly what types of problems did you have and what wouldn't they fix and why?

Dave012

October to March??? It sounds like they are giving you clear and consistent messages through their actions ... they don't care. And, you can't make them care, and Heartland can't make them care.

If I were in your shoes, I would take it to a different dealer who will respect and value a good customer and give them my business in the future, even if its a drive. Better than waiting 6 months for nothing.

wdk450

CircuisBear:
Call Heartland service ( 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030), get hold of a service advisor, and calmly talk to him about your experience. Send the service advisor digital photos, if you can.
With the service advisor's help find another servicer, be it Heartland dealer, or independent 3rd party RV repairer. You might try looking at the RV Service Reviews website ( http://www.rvservicereviews.com ) to help you find a reputable repairer.

Good Luck, and I hope all goes better. I truly believe that Heartland provides great customer service, and most problems are with dealers/vendors.

Hey all,
Back in October , we took our BC to our dealer to have some warrenty work done. We were called to come and pick it up two weeks later. When we arrived only one repair had been done and they had damaged the unit. They said they would repair the damages and repair the outstanding items. They called again in Dec. and told us the unit had been repaied and was ready to pick-up. We drove the two hours one way to get the trailer. When we went to hook up, I started to check the repairs and found that they were not complete or they had put on band-aid repairs instead of fixing them correctly. I was furious and they offered to store the trailer for free while they finished the repairs. I reluctantly agreed.
So about the first of Feb. , I contacted the service dept. I was told that she didn't know what the status of the trailer was and she would call me back. I waited two weeks and called back only to be told the same thing. I waited two more weeks, called again - same thing. SO this week I callled again and was told that the trailer was done but they weren't going to fix one of the problems although it is covered under the warrenty. I was so ****** that they waited from October to March before telling me about this new development.
So my question to you all is am I being ******* around by these guys, have I given them enough chances to fix it right, and should I pull the trailer out and have another dearler fix it(120 miles away)???? PLEASE HELP- Circusbear

Last edited by a moderator:

circusbear

Hey there again,
I called customer service and got ahold of a great fella named Steve. He listened to what was going and contacted the dealer to see both sides of the story. Turns out that most of the work is now done and we are dealing directly with a vender for our outstanding issue. I really was trying to work with the dealer but enough is enough. We attended the fall rv show and met with the salesman that sold us our trailer.He had since left the dealer. Turns out that a whole bunch of employee's had left our dealer and went to work for a dealer just down the road. I guess the warnings he gave us were true even if we tried not to believe them. I have tried not to mention the dealer but seeing that we have owners close to them I will say that they are Campkin's in Myrtle Station Ont. I really don't want to slag them, only let others have fair warning that not everybody has great luck at this dealer. I'll keep you all posted as to how the rest of the experience turns out. Thanks for the help-CB