Facelift!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
As we all know, especially us women, sometimes you just need something new...even if the carpet and flooring is OK...a change is required.:)

After three years of living in the Bighorn, just had to make a change. Here's what we've just done...check out the new floor coverings...

000_0027..jpg 000_0028..jpg 000_0029..jpg

jbeletti

Nice Kathy - thanks for sharing. Did your flooring guy sew the edging on the carpet he installed in the slide? Did he sew that on, on-site or did he make that carpet piece at his shop?

Jim

kakampers

I actually ended up buying the carpet at the place he would have taken it for binding...they gave the best price on what I wanted...so he just went over there with measurements, cut it out, and they bound it. He was able to bring everything with he when he started...took just over a day to complete the job.

kakampers

Moderator...didn't realize there was a modification thread under Bighorn...would you please move this thread there? Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Moderator...didn't realize there was a modification thread under Bighorn...would you please move this thread there? Thanks!
Ken & Kathy, I moved your thread but afterwards I thought maybe I should have left it for all to see. Nice change! We've been considering new carpet too but Lin would like laminate and an area rug. What's your feeling after removing the carpet in yours? Too much wood? I thought maybe with as much wood as we already have, adding more in the form of flooring might be a bit too much. I have to admit, it looks pretty nice.

GETnBYE

Looks great Kathy,
Did you have carpet in the center and put in the hardwood? I would love to do that, but not sure if it is doable.
BTW, Your camper looks soooooooo "RESTED". LOL
Nita

kakampers

We had carpet from the end of the kitchen counter all the way to the rear of the trailer...in our opinion it was too much carpet! Ray...we do not feel like it's too much wood at all, and everyone who sees it is absolutely in love with the look. We like it so much I've decided to not even use area rugs.

But here's the best part...it's NOT laminate! It is a resilient flooring (basically a 2 mils thick poly-vinyl which comes in 6"x36" pieces, like a laminate) which is self-sticking, but in this application on the OSB, you have to use an additional adhesive which is troweled on. It has a twenty-five year warranty, and is even being used in some commerical applications here in the valley. AND...it weighs a whole lot less than laminate.

If a piece gets damaged you simply heat it with a hair dryer, pull up the damaged piece, and replace with a new one! We're going to cut some carpet strips from the left over carpet, and use them under the slides when we bring them in, just in case...better to prevent than repair.

I couldn't be happier with the way this came out!!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Looks very nice Kathy. It looks like it has taken out that "trailer look".

Who was the manufacturer of the flooring?