Centreville -Bull Run Regional Park

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Any pros or cons on this park? --North VA.

Amazingly enough - we live close by, but have never been there. Have heard a lot of good things about it though. Good for short stays, don't think there are any sewer hookups. Don't know if you plan to use it as a base for visiting DC, but you would have to drive into DC, or to the closest Metro station and finding a parking space at the Metro lots would be VERY difficult. The commuters get them early. Cherry Hill Campground in College Park, MD is more expensive, but they have a bus stop with a direct line to the Metro right in the campground. PM or email me for more info if you need it.

tmcran

Thanks-what I wanted to know. We have stayed at Cherry Hill and liked it very much. Thinking more a base for a few days for possible trip into DC and also run up to Gettysburg. Also considering Luray Rv Park as base. Thanks again.

boatto5er

If you wind up staying in the area, drop me a line. I'd love to meet you somewhere to discuss our Sundances and other Heartland stuff! When are you planning on coming up this way?

tmcran

Sounds good. Would very much like to visit. We have not set dates yet but looking around April 26 th-May 4th. Will Email as we get dates firmed up.

Northern Virginia
I have been there once. it is a nice park. It is really big. The campground has a recently renovated area with water/sewer/50 amp/pull thru sites. Most of the other sites are water/electric. The main thing I remember is the park has a shooting range that opens around 7:00 AM. You'll hear (faint) gun shots every morning.

John

tmcran

Thanks for the follow up and suggestions. It's always good to get feed back from the local folks or ones that have been there and done that.

tmcran

If you wind up staying in the area, drop me a line. I'd love to meet you somewhere to discuss our Sundances and other Heartland stuff! When are you planning on coming up this way?

Gus,did you get my email ?-not sure I did that correctly.

boatto5er

Hi Tom - sent you mail. Been slow this weekend. New granddaughter arrived Friday. Been busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We stayed at Bull Run many years back on the 4th of July and found it to be very nice and Quiet. Even though it was a holiday weekend it was only 25 % full . We found that day use was very popular .We took in DC and used the Metro System got on in Vienna . We found the Metro was the way to travel. Here is a link to Bull Run Park http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/bullrun/index.php