Front Jacks

landp

The electrical motor to my front jacks stopped working. I raise the trailer up off my truck I had to use elbow grease. I am guessing there is a breaker for the jack, but my question is, where and how do I reset it?

yrusohi

I know that I had the same problem. There is not a breaker, but an in-line fuse. Mine was located above the gen-set in the very corner of the compartment. Had to be a contortionist, but changing the fuse fixed the problem. Hope that helps.

trvlrerik

I have had the same problem, if the battery on the trailer is not fully charged it creates a higher load on the electric motor, often causing the 30 amp fuse to burn out. If the battery is not charged fully I leave the truck plugged into the trailer and this helps. I also keep my spare fuse box in the front storage as I do still burn them up when I am raising the jacks nearing full extension. (We stop in a lot of places that are not very level).

Dave012

Mine is one of the small 30 amp fuses located on a wire on the right hand side of the front storage behind the battery. I carry spares as well.

beasleyrl

We had the same issue on the first trip out. The dealer quickly replaced the fuse with an auto reseting breaker. I highly recommend this upgrade as you don't have to worry about the fuse again. It will simply stop working for about 10 seconds so you know it has blown then it resets. Mine has done that only about 3 times in 2 years but I've been glad it was there.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Mine has a fuse, too. Really like the auto-reset breaker suggestion. I checked the AMP draw on this little bugger, once upon a time. 30A fuse blew at about 52A when raising! :eek:

Front Jack Fuse L&#1.JPG

DW_Gray

Been there, done that. I believe every Cyclone should come with duel motors. One is not enough. As soon as I can, I'm getting a kit to add another motor.

truknutt

Committed Member
Been there, done that. I believe every Cyclone should come with duel motors. One is not enough. As soon as I can, I'm getting a kit to add another motor.

Better yet Dave, they should come standard with hydraulic jacks AND the Level-Up system!!

DW_Gray

Better yet Dave, they should come standard with hydraulic jacks AND the Level-Up system!!

I agree with that 1000% I'm considering that mod for the future. Okay Heartland, I hope you're listening.

Woo hoo! I just became a Senior Member with my 100th post.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Landp, just a dumb question. Do you carry any plastic blocks or 2X8 lumber to put under the legs so that you dont have to extend the legs so far? Bob

DW_Gray

Landp, just a dumb question. Do you carry any plastic blocks or 2X8 lumber to put under the legs so that you don't have to extend the legs so far? Bob

Sorry Bob, I'm not Landp but I had to respond. Now Bob I remember you telling me about a dumb question. That's not a dumb question.

I don't for the landing gear except I do use a one under each leg when directly on earth just to spread out the foot print. Just extend the primary legs about half way then extend the extension legs the rest of the way.

I do carry three 2"X8"X8'. I have one that's 8 feet long and the other two are cut; one 3 inches shorter and one 6 inches shorter. I use those for leveling under the three wheels on one side or one one each side on soft ground.

jbeletti

I agree with that 1000% I'm considering that mod for the future. Okay Heartland, I hope you're listening.

Woo hoo! I just became a Senior Member with my 100th post.

Hey Dave - Congrats Mr. Senior Member! And you didn't have to pay jimtoo anything to get there :)

For the current (2011) model year Cyclone, hydraulic front landing gear was made standard. We listened :) And we continue to do so.

Standard on Level Up or equivalent.... pretty sure we'll never see it standard, Daves (that's all yall) - but who knows what the next model year will hold for options ;)

jimtoo

Hey Dave - Congrats Mr. Senior Member! And you didn't have to pay jimtoo anything to get there :)

Dave,,,,I'm not sure how you got by, but congratulations on being a senior member and welcome to the society of seniors. This is where you join the CRS group,, also to the one's that change to a totally different subject in mid sentence without knowing it, (we have a couple on here). So congratulations on your status now... but just wait until you reach the next level. The price really takes a upgrade and we are looking and thinking about a 3670 BH but still have not decided on how to sell the 3055 that we have now... so until we make up our minds on whether we want a BH or Landmark is kinda up in the air. Did I ever tell you I used to jump out of air planes with a parachute? Yep did that a few times and it was a thrill.

Anyway, what were talking about??? Oh well...

Later my friends..

Jim M ? what's the M for??

Bob&Patty

Hi Dave, how are you and the little woman doing. We havent talked for while. My only point is, that if you have to extend the legs a lot, your better off putting some lumber under the feet. This what I have found. The less you have to lower the legs..the more stable the front of the coach is. This is to say, not as much movement when walking around. I do, however, run the main part of the legs down farther. That way the telescoping part has less wiggle room, if you get my drift. Just my thoughts on the matter. BTW, congrads on making it to the old farts (senior member). You might just get as old as Jimtoo someday. Bob

DW_Gray

For the current (2011) model year Cyclone, hydraulic front landing gear was made standard. We listened :) And we continue to do so.

Standard on Level Up or equivalent.... pretty sure we'll never see it standard, Daves (that's all yall) - but who knows what the next model year will hold for options ;)

Thank you. I'm glad I didn't have pay anything this time.

Hydraulics become standard on 2011. That's outstanding! I hadn't really looked at the latest models to see what's happening. Besides, Amy and I are having so much fun in our Cyclone we don't look at the future. I do hope there will be few new Cyclones in Nashville.

DW_Gray

Hi Bob, Amy and I are doing great. We continue to travel. We've been Florida now for over a month looking for some warm weather. I think we finally found some. We are at MacDill AFB now (Tampa). We hope to head north in 3 or 4 weeks before heading to Nashville. I haven't had much stability problems on the front end. I wish there were better stability on the rear end though. Even with the rear stabilizers down it's not as stable as I'd like to have it. It's better than nothing but I would like to see some improvement somehow. I tried a couple of stabilizer jacks but that didn't make much difference. Those may work well on small RVs but not a Cyclone. Old, no way. Becoming old is not in my nature.

Bob&Patty

Dave, next time you park try this, it seems to help a little. Leave the front down just a little, a wee bit, put your blocks under the rear stabilizers and run then down tight. The raise the front of the coach up to level. See if that makes any difference. Most of the bounce and sway is the suspension and tires and thats hard to stop. Did you see the setup that Arthur had on his BH at the last rally we had? He swears that it made a difference. Bob

DW_Gray

Dave, next time you park try this, it seems to help a little. Leave the front down just a little, a wee bit, put your blocks under the rear stabilizers and run then down tight. The raise the front of the coach up to level. See if that makes any difference. Most of the bounce and sway is the suspension and tires and thats hard to stop. Did you see the setup that Arthur had on his BH at the last rally we had? He swears that it made a difference. Bob

Thanks Bob. I will try that tomorrow carefully. There is a caution in the owner's manual not to use those for load bearing. Yes, I remember what Arthur did.

Hmmm..... now I have another idea. I'll look into that this week and see if that may work.

jbeletti

Dave,

Another way to do this would be to level just a touch nose-high, then put down the rear stabilizers until they hit the ground and run them until you see the back end of the coach begin to raise up slightly. You aren't really lifting it off the ground, just pushing the nose down a bit. With the last 2 leveling systems I've had, the rear stabilizers are to be put down last. In fact, with the current leveling option on Landmark, the rear stabilizer come down automatically - yet, they come down after the coach has been leveled and surprisingly, they come down and take more pressure off the back than I was ever doing manually. Sure - they are for stabilizing, not leveling, but they can take some decent pressures. Have fun.

Jim

DW_Gray

Thanks Jim, unfortunately the bad news is my stabilizers aren't functioning at 100%. They were slightly damaged coming out of a service station last September. That's another story. Anyway I can extend them but the motor will lock up if I extend them too far. I think Bob's suggestion may work better. I'm going to try that now.