Purchasing new 28BRS + ProPride 3P and Need a Spring Camping Destination!

Kraythe

So I just put down 10k on a 28BRS and Intend to take delivery on the 24th of March. The delay is to get a PorPride 3p hitch to put on the trailer and get it set up to be pulled by my 2009 F150 5.4L. The real question is where to go for the first 3 or 4 night trip. The Dealer offers a free trip to the black hills and since I am in Colorado that would be appealing a bit later in the season when I can be fairly certain I wont get snowed in. So I am thinking something more southerly, Arizona, New Mexico, Northern Texas, Oklaholma.

I am an outdoorsy fellow that likes great natural scenery. I have three kids aged 6 months, 4 years and almost 14 years old. I had considered the grand canyon but that has become WAY too commercialized (and Canyonlands and Arches are better anyway) so I thought Id save that trip for later in the season. I dont particularly want to run i-70 West at this time of year and on the first trip.

Suggestions?

RubiconAg

If your on the west slope I would head over Moab. This time of year the high desert can be a great place to escape to, cool to cold nights and mild days. Plenty of hiking, biking and fishing in that area.