South Alabama or Northwest Florida, would love info on something near the water.

GETnBYE

I need to see water, sun and be warm while I do it.
Any ideas of good parks?
Thanks,
Nita

GETnBYE

Steve, I will agree with you about Topsail. We are booked there for May. But I can't get in for March. I need to try somewhere else.
But thanks anyway.
Nita

charlie51

Henderson Beach State Park in Destin might be an option. I don't know if they have sewer hook-ups though. It is actually in Destin right on the main drag, and about 5 miles from Topsail campground. We didn't stay here, but drove through while staying in Topsail. Each site has a secluded feel because of the trees and bushes. Looked well maintained and had large beach area. Sites were gravel I think. Also, I haven't stayed there, but there is an Alabama state park in either Gulf Shores or Orange Beach that has been completely remodeled over the past 2-3 years. It is across the road from the state resort.

Razorback

:cool:Navarre Beach Campground, in Navarre Florida is nice, but a little pricey and sites are close. We stayed there several times till we discovered Topsail. We are leaving for Topsail Friday, March 19th for a week. Can't wait!!!

lleach

I will have to agree that Topsail State Park is fantastic. Gulf Shores Park in Gulf Shores, AL has been redone since Ivan came through in 2005 and all sites now have sewer connections. We live in the Gulf Shores area and think you will really like this area...very relaxing and not as many people as in Destin. You will be near the beach in both parks.

aatauses

If you are considering a site that is about 20 minutes from a beach, consider Pensacola RV Park located just off I10. We have stayed there a few times and the owner/wife are just great. The park is very clean, large sites, good roads.
al

Nell

If you're ok with no sewer hook up and want to be literally on the waters edge try St. Andrews SP and if you really like peace and tranquility you can't beat St. George.

GETnBYE

Thanks to all that gave information. It appears I will have to wait until Spring break is over to warm up. I didn't realize school was out until I started trying to book a campsite. We will just have to stay in winter mode for a bit longer. I have taken note of all of the great campgrounds that everyone shared and I really appreciate it and hope to visit them all.
Nita

philgrg

Gulf State park gets our vote. http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=22 We’ve stayed there a couple of times. Full hookups, very close to the beach, pretty inexpensive, and very well maintained. The only negative is they lost a lot of the bigger trees due to the last hurricane so shade is somewhat limited. The facilities and bathhouses are some of the cleanest we’ve ever seen.