305RW upgrades

FNAPES

Greetings,

My wife and I purchased a Road Warrior 2010 305RW last fall and we love it. I have purchased an Energy command auto start from Cummins/Onon and I will install it next week when the Y adaptor wiring harness comes in. I live in Arizona where it gets pretty hot and it's nice to run the A/C to cool down when taking a break from ATVing. The auto start will help minimize the generator run time by only running when the A/C is called for by the t-stat and shut off once satisfied. The unit works similar when running the heater in the winter by monitoring the battery voltage and kicking on to recharge the batteries and turn off when charged. I wish I had known about the auto start before I installed an additional battery in parallel for a longer run time. With the auto start you could get by on one battery. This would be a nice standard feature to add or at least an option. I also plan on installing an Inverter for the TV so we can watch movies without the gen running until it needs to to recharge. My 305RW did not come with a battery disconnect so I installed one. Now I can run on battery 1 or 2 or both and turn them both off when not in use. It would have been nice to have this already installed from the factory. I have been giving my local RV store quite a bit of business lately. I also plan on installing a bath room light switch later on. I'm sure I will come up with more ideas as time passes.

Thanks for reading,

Fnapes.