Need to pull new TV cable

The TV cable in my 2900MK has a short in it. I removed the connectors on both ends (one behind the radio and the other in the ceiling below the TV antenna) and the short is still there. I suspect that the cable has been penetrated by a screw or staple. The 5th wheel is still under warranty, but I prefer to fix the things I can because I am more careful and thorough than I find most repair technicians to be.:)

The factory installed cable cannot be moved much in either direction, so I cannot use it to pull a new cable through the ceiling and down the wall behind the entertainment center.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to route and pull a new cable?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerry, your cable runs thru the ceiling? The reason its hard to pull is because it is probably has wire ties holding it to other cables. I replaced all my my cable TV and satelite cables. But I put a male/male connector to each end, taped the heck out of it and pulled the new one thru the basement and the walls. Other than that, I can't tell or help you anymore than that. Bob

wdk450

Jerry:
If you REALLY want to install this cable, go ahead. But the medical equipment maintence field I retired from viewed the warranty as a purchased asset, which should be used as much as needed to recoup its cost from the purchase price of the item.